The FN Five-seveN® single-action autoloading pistol fires the low-recoil 5.7x28mm

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DROB

member...
    Jul 25, 2011
    North of the MD border...
    you don't have to buy the ammo from FN you can get it from just about any local place that has a good selection. I get some of mine from Gun Connection, but you can also order some higher end stuff from http://www.eliteammunition.net/home.html.

I have a 5.7 upper for one of AR's and I love shooting it. My wife also loves shooting it. I plan on getting a 5.7 pistol at some point, the cheapest I have found it was $850, but didn't have the money. There a bunch of haters of the round, but the Secret Service uses it as their standard rifle round in their PS90's.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Aside from US Secret Service, not one that I could say with 100% certainty.

Heist was referring to Cartel type (I believe) enforcer's.

Oh...I'm not up on my street terms.

Narco's and enforces????

I dont think there is any agency state side beside one or two federal folks using it.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Enforcer's - typically street-gangs that do the dirty work of the drug cartels, they're 'Give-a-fock' is non-existent.

Just another reason to have plate armor in conjunction with a good vest.

gone3uo6

Feb 12, 2012
    Rumor

Several weeks ago I saw a post on another forum about a gun show rumor stating that Federal has plans to start producing 5.7x28 ammo. Just a rumor though and not even a well spread one at that.

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    20 round mags and the low recoil compared to other rounds is also what they like.

That too. I rented one late last year at SEG and took it for a spin. Having never shot one, and looking at the round, I prepared my arms and tension for a kick that would partial to some sort of wildcat cut down rifle round.

I couldn't have been more wrong! The kick was less than .32 and not much over a .22 pistol. I would probably say more like a .22 Magnum round or a .25.

Fun gun indeed but I probably wouldn't buy one unless I also had the P-90 so I could justify the price of the ammo since it would be used on two platforms.
    AdbtpQOCEAARiUx.jpg

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    Heist was referring to Cartel type (I believe) enforcer's.

Yes. Sorry, I should have been clearer. The bad guys like this gun ... a lot.
    They enjoy dressing up their 1911s like they were customized at "House of Liberace" - and are mostly for show, but like the 5-Seven for murdering police and federales.

As an aside, it also has the distinction of being the gun used by the Muslim Military Physician who bought into the jihadist propaganda and went on the one-man massacre mission on a Texas Army base 2 years ago.

gone3uo6

Feb 12, 2012
    Yes. Sorry, I should have been clearer. The bad guys like this gun ... a lot.
    They enjoy dressing up their 1911s like they were customized at "House of Liberace" - and are mostly for show, but like the 5-Seven for murdering police and federales.

As an aside, it also has the distinction of being the gun used by the Muslim Military Physician who bought into the jihadist propaganda and went on the one-man massacre mission on a Texas Army base 2 years ago.

I bought it for the features, much like the reasons the jihadist bought it for...but I'm sane and not a terrorist. Flat trajectory (high muzzle velocity), 20 rnd mags, light weight, simple and unique design (I like the spring around the barrel idea), low recoil, and lots of muzzle flash ;).

I do believe this round will gain more manufacturers.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You enjoy your guns..., by some politicians standards, that means you are a domestic terrorist. ;)

:lol2:

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC
    I forgot about that part. It definitely threw off some large blooms for such a small round.
    Guess this was because the round was designed to burn off inside an PDW rifle barrel not a handgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom