The Chevy Chase Village Police Department is currently accepting applications for Maryland certified police officers. 72k 06/07/23

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Fortunately, there appears to be no residency requirement! :)

Chief appears to be leaving soon under good terms.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    MoCo PD not sufficient? :sarcasm: and no offense intended. Money indeed has it's privileges. I went to the link and checked one of the reports. Would be helluva nice to see that for publicly funded PDs.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Every cop in Baltimore, Montgomery County, Baltimore County, all should go out on long term paid stress medical leave. Permit the ACLU and NAACP and Dem Party leaders take care of any petty disturbances that may occur.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    How do they even police Chevy Chase, a town where literally everyone says "do you know who I am?"

JRSMD

Sep 4, 2013
    Derwood
    Chevy Chase Police chase down landscapers using gas powered blowers and the such in their beat and issue citation’s.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Bless the people that want to be officers in today's climate. They have an uphill battle due to the wokeness of today's world.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Can you imagine a worse climate to work in where the residents paying your salary still think ACAB but simultaneously want you to be their armed security against the blacks and browns that they profess to stand in solidarity with?

The hypocrisy alone would leave me to say, "fvck yourself" to these limo liberal racists.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Can you imagine a worse climate to work in where the residents paying your salary still think ACAB but simultaneously want you to be their armed security against the blacks and browns that they profess to stand in solidarity with?

The hypocrisy alone would leave me to say, "fvck yourself" to these limo liberal racists.
    I worked the Second District for 3 years. Chevy Chase Village jurisdiction is within the Second District. This is a very accurate description of the environment. I suffered a pretty bad injury fighting with a black suspect in Friendship Heights, who was victimizing a developmentally disabled young man and trying to scam him out of money. Suffered life long injuries as a result. At court, the victim's father spoke in defense of the defendant and said that he felt sorry for the young man that obviously didn't have the same opportunities that the MENTALLY HANDICAPPED VICTIM had.

The victim worked at Giant for minimum wage collecting shopping carts from the parking lot. The suspect was wearing a Gucci belt, had hundreds of dollars cash in his pocket and has a litany of convictions for fraud...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    MOCO PD does not have the time to check your doors while you are away or respond to suspicious persons calls.

It's not a bad gig.
    no different than gubbmint people having their own armed security when the serfs cannot afford so they want to protect themselves.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Chevy Chase Police chase down landscapers using gas powered blowers and the such in their beat and issue citation’s.
    Given that the batteries on cordless leaf blowers only last about 10 to 20 minutes per charge despite a 60-90 minute rating, it would be exceedingly expensive to have enough batteries and chargers for a day's work.
    [I tried a Dewalt than claimed 90 minute run time. Most I got was 11 minutes. Returned it.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom