• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Todays 4 quarts of chicken stew used 10 raw chicken thighs, skinned and boned. I augmented the recipe from one of the Ball books, with extra salt and black pepper, plus a large jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped.

This is the All American 910. Capacity is 4 quarts or 7 pints. I wish it was larger (don’t we all), but the convenience of being able to use it on our glass-top stove without risk of cracking it, is clutch for me, so I don’t have to dick around with canning outside on a propane burner.

b07912d88763ce2c82ef013c779b52ca.jpg

e4e14e57d7f2b0f691ff63cd67505603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was looking at the all Americans and it says not to use them on glass tops?

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I was looking at the all Americans and it says not to use them on glass tops?

I don’t remember seeing that about the 910 before I bought it, but I’m pretty sure it is because of the weight. The 910 is their smallest model and I’ve been using it with no issues since the stove was new several years ago. Works great on our stove. I use the widest burner which is wider than the diameter of the canner.

Last edited:

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Get an All American. I got the 915 and would like to have a 921 to do outside. Not sure the 921 would fit under the microwave on the stove in the house.

I raw packed the pork and 75 minutes in pints and its plenty tender. Got that cheaper Mexican chicken bullion at walmart and half a square in each pint.
    I have a 915 it is great I use it on my glass top stove no issues.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Yesterday I caned 4 quarts of homemade pulled pork. I cooked the frozen pork loin at 325 with 1 inch of water in the pan tightly covered for about 2 hours or until done. Shreaded it up, mixed in green peper and onions finely chopped. Once mixed I mixed in Sweet Baby Rays Hickory BBQ sausce until every thing was real wet. Packed tightly in sterlized jars, with 1/2 inch head space. Pressure cooked at 10 psi for 90 minutes. Saved one of the jars for todays supper and opened it to sample it. Yum, Yum makes your toung want to jump out and slap your face.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Made baked beans and black beans yesterday since it was hit and didn’t want to work outside. Soaked the beans over night and simmered over a 1/2 hour before adding to the Jars. Last time I saw a lady said just add them dry and crunchy black and baked beans was not on anyone favorite list. Much soft by the time of going into the jars.

Baked beans have ham, brown sugar, molasses Worcestershire, mustard, garlic, Apple cider vinegar and tomato sauce

Black beans, is M-n-L’s recipe. Garlic, chili, cumin and cayenne. Gets sherry when reheating. Canning cooked the sherry taste right out of it

Attachments

• EB051DF1-A439-4656-89F9-8DAD4A855A37.jpeg
      EB051DF1-A439-4656-89F9-8DAD4A855A37.jpeg
      361.9 KB · Views: 111

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Yesterday we put up 8 half-pint jars of Sweet Pickle Relish. The recipe is from the Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving. One jar failed to seal, so we refrigerated it and are using it... this tastes pretty darn good. The only alteration I made to the recipe was to add one jalapeño pepper to make up the green bell pepper component of the recipe. I honestly don't taste the jalapeño.

tempImage2UY2Ld.jpg

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    A little over 9 lbs. of sliced jalapeño peppers yielded 9.5 pints of Cowboy Candy (candied jalapeños), and with the recipe I used we have about 7 pints of leftover brine which we'll use as a marinade for chicken or pork.

tempImageMKvJ1j.jpg
    tempImage0wCynG.jpg

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    2.2 lbs. if figs from our friends’ tree yielded 3 half-pint jars plus a quarter-pint jar of fig jam. Intended to add some minced jalapeños but forgot.

bc7ed4e244432e49d55155316cc9db4b.jpg

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Yesterday and today were spent making this year's family Christmas gifts. 10 half-pints of Jalapeño / Habanero Jelly, and 8 pints of Christmas Cowboy Candy (candied red and green Jalapeños, Serrano, Red Chili, and Hungarian Wax peppers). The Cowboy Candy production also resulted in 5 pints of left-over brine, which we will use as a brine for pickled eggs, and as a marinade for chicken and pork.

IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0998.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom