• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I've been watching The Blacklist (Seasons 1-5) and it's excellent, even if the writing at times is uneven adding the storyline predictable with the situational processes convenient. But though I haven't bought Seasons 6-10, I like it enough to buy future seasons should they come down in price.

But one thing I love about the show is that Raymond Reddington has a great look with the hat and the beautiful Browning Hi-Power he displays when he gets serious. I've never fired my Browning and, should I wish to do so, I'd most likely buy a clone and shoot it.

Anyway, I took it out of my safe recently and looked at the deep blue finish. I don't think the Colt Python I owned years ago has anything on the Browning's deep, lustrous blue finish. The Browning doesn't have the action of the Colt, but I'm in love with the blue. My Colt was great, but the revolver had a purple part that, to me, was distracting.

As a prop, what are your views of The Blacklist (Spader's) Browning? Do you have a Hi-Power, yourself? And do you have other popular oldies (like the S&W 659/5906/645 in Reservoir Dogs)? And have you seen any popular movie that made you go out and buy a gun? Or, conversely, have you ever gotten rid of a handgun because of how it was depicted in a movie? If you wanted a gun like the Browning Hi-Power, are you more apt to buy one, a clone or the real thing?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Some point in the later seasons it gets a little cringey and of course they couldn't escape from having BLM and anti-gun episodes. But it is a good series overall, especially the early seasons.

Turkish clones are so good I’d get one of those.

The Girsan was :thumbsup:
    The Tisas A1 has caught my eye. The video reviews I saw for it have it as a good 1911 for its price. Not showpiece quality, but EDC priced.

I know it is psychological BS, but my brain has a hard time accepting a 1911 cocked and locked even though I carry a striker fired gun in the same condition. Stupid brain.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Some point in the later seasons it gets a little cringey and of course they couldn't escape from having BLM and anti-gun episodes. But it is a good series overall, especially the early seasons.

The Tisas A1 has caught my eye. The video reviews I saw for it have it as a good 1911 for its price. Not showpiece quality, but EDC priced.

I know it is psychological BS, but my brain has a hard time accepting a 1911 cocked and locked even though I carry a striker fired gun in the same condition. Stupid brain.
    Except when the lead actress refused to use anything but none "Assualt rifle" weapons so when they needed some a little stronger than a Glock she keeps firing her Glock.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    I watched it right up to the episode where Reddington engineered the death of the eeeeevil gun manufacturer who was directly selling guns at gun shows to end users. Afterward there was no more watching of the show. Sorry about the spoiler.
    Hollywood types who make much money off their faux gunplay and then gush about the evil of guns can eat one.

Mingo

Aug 2, 2023
    Mingo junction
    We watched a few seasons but the Elizabeth Keen character just started getting irksome so we never finished the series. I agree with above that early was better.
    She was not on the show during the last three or four years of the show, but don't hold me to that, this was the final season.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    One last note.
    For those who stopped watching the show before the last season, I think the final episode is worth watching.

Before leaving the villa inn for his walk, he leaves his Hi-Power on the dresser in its holster.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Maybe I'll revisit it. I gave up when it got preachy about orange man bad, 2A bad, whitey bad, and so on. Plus, as pointed out above, Elizabeth (the dark side version at least) got old/boring for me.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Yes, Lizzie never lived up to the hype. She died three seasons too late. Also, Red shouldn't have dropped the hammer on Mr. Kaplan. And once he did, he should have made sure she was dead.

Spader is a superb actor. He, Robert Downey, Jr. and Halle Berry got on my radar when I first saw them years ago. Downey was in a film entitled Less Than Zero and I thought, wow, that guy is great! Sadly, he was derailed by drugs during Ali McBeal and I thought he was down and out for sure. I was thrilled to see that he got himself together and he's been a great Iron Man.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Last year I re-watched all of Boston Legal. Great show right there, just ignore the political leaning/situations if that type of thing affects you. I like anything with Spader, and also Edward Norton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom