• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    O5husmB.jpg

This is my new varmint set-up: CZ 550 Varmint .308 Tacticool with a Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 illuminated scope and Harris bi-pod. BIG thanks to Tom for going the extra-mile to obtain (apparently) the last available set of Warne scope rings on Earth that would work - nicely done! I'm picking her up tomorrow afternoon.

Did I also mention that 2A is an awesome place to do business? It is. They're huge CZ fans and really know their stuff. :party29:

Last edited:

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    Thank you!!!

I'm pretty sure you will be able to give them critters hell with it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Whoa.

So that was your rifle Tom was working on, - Super cool. -

I tried to distract him with my CZ purchase, and what we all know about gun rights; - but he was very focused on your rifle.

Would love to shoot it. In exchange you have access to any rifle I have access to. How's that, please just PM me.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    O5husmB.jpg

This is my new varmint set-up: CZ 550 Varmint .308 Tacticool with a Nightforce SHV 4-14x56 illuminated scope and Harris bi-pod. BIG thanks to Tom for going the extra-mile to obtain (apparently) the last available set of Warne scope rings on Earth that would work - nicely done! I'm picking her up tomorrow afternoon.

Did I also mention that 2A is an awesome place to do business? It is. They're huge CZ fans and really know their stuff. :party29:

Awesome. And yes, 2A is a great place to get all the shooting stuff you need. :party29:

fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    Great looking rifle! It is so hard trying to avoid going to 2A, great group of guys and they always have something I "need". Going on like 2 months since I've stopped in and I'm struggling lol.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    gIRWbya.jpg

GKMC6hD.jpg

tgLbjAJ.jpg

Wife said it was, "pretty" and I have to agree with her. Thanks again, guys!

Last edited:

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Instead of waiting for the wind to die-down, I took it to Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas this afternoon for a proper sight-in on their 100 yard indoor range. It was my first visit to Elite and I must say: I wish we had a place like that closer to home. It's an extremely nice facility.

Forgot to bring my sandbags for a rear support on the stock so I wadded-up a nylon jacket and made do.

wmzXtCg.png

Not that I consider this group anything to gloat about but being able to zero the rifle with less than 10 shots felt pretty good.

More trigger time is the answer. The CZ single set trigger is great but it isn't like any other rifle's I've previously used, hence, the coupla flyers you see there. The rifle itself is capable of shooting sub-MOA; I'm not yet. Dat Nightforce scope tho! I love it!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Very, very nice.

I really like how sleek and clean the rifle is, its all business.

The trigger takes a little getting used to; it feels custom and seems to fire after indexing it and thinking hard about when you want it to fire.

I think you are already used to the trigger reset, very soft shooting for a bolt gun, I don't quite understand why, maybe mostly just the weight, and the guns on the heavy side too. :)

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Great pick up. I'm a huge CZ fan. If that SST is like the ones on the 453 and 527, it takes a little getting used to the little bit longer LOP when it is set forward. You'll get used to it. That rifle is capable of MOA all day long.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Great pick up. I'm a huge CZ fan. If that SST is like the ones on the 453 and 527, it takes a little getting used to the little bit longer LOP when it is set forward. You'll get used to it. That rifle is capable of MOA all day long.

Thanks! There have been a couple of times when I actually forgot to set it and went with the standard trigger pull. It's not bad either. It has a little more take-up than the set trigger but it breaks clean. Not sure which I prefer yet.

The good thing about .308 is the abundance of available factory loads, although, I'm thinkin about blowing the dust off my old Lyman turret press and RCBS carbide dies to dabble with reloading for it. There's so much a re-loader can do with .308 it challenges creativity.

x2.. I've got a 455 and 750. Love them both. Thats a nice lookin' rifle regardless :D... CZ meet anyone? haha

Minuteman and I kinda did that last Saturday at Berwyn. We got the P-01's out and did some combat drills on the pistol range and participated in a short-barrel handgun match with some other members. I let him try-out the 550, too.

We should definitely organize something like that - I'm in! I'll bet we could even talk Mark into it if we can get him out of 2A long enough to bring his P-01 with the can! :innocent0

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    Thanks! There have been a couple of times when I actually forgot to set it and went with the standard trigger pull. It's not bad either. It has a little more take-up than the set trigger but it breaks clean. Not sure which I prefer yet.

The good thing about .308 is the abundance of available factory loads, although, I'm thinkin about blowing the dust off my old Lyman turret press and RCBS carbide dies to dabble with reloading for it. There's so much a re-loader can do with .308 it challenges creativity.

Minuteman and I kinda did that last Saturday at Berwyn. We got the P-01's out and did some combat drills on the pistol range and participated in a short-barrel handgun match with some other members. I let him try-out the 550, too.

We should definitely organize something like that - I'm in! I'll bet we could even talk Mark into it if we can get him out of 2A long enough to bring his P-01 with the can! :innocent0

I'm very happy you like that rifle as much as you do. It seems most people don't realize how capable the CZ Rifles are.

I would highly recommend reloading for it if you have the time.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I'm very happy you like that rifle as much as you do. It seems most people don't realize how capable the CZ Rifles are.

Love it. Yesterday's trip to the range sealed the deal. I've been an admirer of CZ/Skoda products since the early 70's. My friend's dad had a yellow 250cc(?) two-stroke CZ dirt bike that had so much low-end torque, you could've used the rear wheel to dig irrigation ditches in clay. The few times I got to ride it, I started out in second gear because first gear scared the crap outta me. It also had a very unique exhaust note that immediately identified as a CZ. Man, that thing could take some abuse.

I would highly recommend reloading for it if you have the time.

Most definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom