• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I was at a holiday party last night and a friend of mine mentioned he was looking into a clay thrower and "did I know anything about them?" I told him no, but I would see what I could find out.

He wants an electronic one, and I think he wants to stay under $500. Do any of you have one of these, or experience with them? If so, what is a good one and why? Is there a good reason to spend more?

Thanks in advance.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Very tough price point there (for anything decent).

I'd honestly rather have 3 (used/good condition) Lincoln 1/4 cock hand traps then one POS automatic thrower.

Our club just sold 10 hand traps (lots of different presentations), all "club" quality Lincolns, $150 a piece.

The reasons to spend more are endless, parts availability being the main one, overall quality and having some sort of resale value down the road should also be looked at.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    He mentioned $500, but he has plenty to spend, so I will take any recommendation and then go from there.

PJDiesel, that would have been nice. I may try to talk him into a pro quality hand machine rather than low quality electric.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'd recommend Pro-Matic. We buy the "Matrix" series, looking at $3,200 a piece on the lower end for those (standard machine, not specialty target).

They have a recreational quality line also though, I'd think they'd be down at about half of the cost of the commercial units.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Gander mountain has one that has a foot control holds 25 i think it works pretty good for me runs off of 12 volt battery also make a wobble kit that really mixes things up all under 500

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Gander mountain has one that has a foot control holds 25 i think it works pretty good for me runs off of 12 volt battery also make a wobble kit that really mixes things up all under 500

Yes, I see they have this one. Normally $499 for $379 after rebate. I imagine this is the one "they" are referring to when they say it will break.
    http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...ion-Target-WheelyBird-Auto-Feed-Trap&i=757123
    Then there is another version.
    http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...Outdoors-Raven-Automatic-Trap&i=777199&r=view

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Mine doesnt have the wheels i admit that would be nice but at my club i can drive my truck right up to where im going to shoot, i would estimate close two thousand thru mine no problems other than the shooter

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom