• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    I'm still debating whether to buy a Tavor X95 - if I ever buy a single bullpup, it'll probably be an X95. But I have a question: I'm well aware that IWI makes two 18.5" barrel versions of the X95 - the XB18, which is the standard version, and then the XB18RS (Restricted State), which is the same thing with a permanently attached muzzle brake.

But I've never understood - why does the XB18RS need a muzzle brake and not a flash hider? Could I purchase a regular XB18* and attach a muzzle device that I like better (such as a BCM A2X or Surefire Warcomp), then have it pinned-and-welded, and be MD-complaint? (And yes, I know that I would have to meet the OAL requirements of 29" with whatever muzzle device I choose.)

* While I still maintain my VA residency.

PeteW

Feb 10, 2021
    Westminster
    I'm still debating whether to buy a Tavor X95 - if I ever buy a single bullpup, it'll probably be an X95. But I have a question: I'm well aware that IWI makes two 18.5" barrel versions of the X95 - the XB18, which is the standard version, and then the XB18RS (Restricted State), which is the same thing with a permanently attached muzzle brake.

But I've never understood - why does the XB18RS need a muzzle brake and not a flash hider? Could I purchase a regular XB18* and attach a muzzle device that I like better (such as a BCM A2X or Surefire Warcomp), then have it pinned-and-welded, and be MD-complaint? (And yes, I know that I would have to meet the OAL requirements of 29" with whatever muzzle device I choose.)

* While I still maintain my VA residency.
    Some states don't allow flash hiders at all. Maybe NJ and CA? I forget. But flash hiders are g2g in MD

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    So I’ve been looking into the x95 but in .300blk. So what’s up with that? I saw the overall length is 26.125 with a 16.5” barrel. So can we actually get the x95 in Md?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    So I’ve been looking into the x95 but in .300blk. So what’s up with that? I saw the overall length is 26.125 with a 16.5” barrel. So can we actually get the x95 in Md?

Yes you can, but it needs an OAL of 29" or more.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA

Of course you can get some X95 variants in MD; go to any FFL and you’ll see them for sale. The main issue is with the 29” over length length requirements.

A 16.5” would require a long (3”) muzzle device to meet the OAL requirement. That’s why the XB18RS (for “Restricted States”) model is what you usually see for sale.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Of course you can get some X95 variants in MD; go to any FFL and you’ll see them for sale. The main issue is with the 29” over length length requirements.

A 16.5” would require a long (3”) muzzle device to meet the OAL requirement. That’s why the XB18RS (for “Restricted States”) model is what you usually see for sale.

I’m guessing the smaller variant with the 13” barrel couldn’t be classified as a pistol huh lol

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County

So would that model be good to go for MD or would it need additional parts to lengthen it?

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    I thought the MD compliant Tavor X95's had pinned Flash hiders? Are these removable from the end of the barrel?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I thought the MD compliant Tavor X95's had pinned Flash hiders? Are these removable from the end of the barrel?
    They do, good question. I’d like to know myself as I’d love to suppress my Tavor 21. Mine is all factory OEM, and is pinned and welded. I have suppressors and brake/suppressor mounts (Silencerco, Huxworx, and KAC) that aren’t long enough to get me into the legal category. That Griffen Armament brake looks like the way to go, but I’m not getting back into the ATF Form 4 pool anytime soon if I can avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom