• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I picked up a used HP 995 and love it. $120 and never had an issue with it.

It is so ugly it will probably scare the intruder away. Would I trust it for home defense? Yup.

87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I was researching this gun before. Are you going to put a suppressor on it cuz then you have to worry about 922r. I don't think Sierra papa makes enough us parts for compliance so I just left it alone. If you do try to make it compliant you can easily have just gotten an 9mm AR with more parts available.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I was researching this gun before. Are you going to put a suppressor on it cuz then you have to worry about 922r. I don't think Sierra papa makes enough us parts for compliance so I just left it alone. If you do try to make it compliant you can easily have just gotten an 9mm AR with more parts available.

I don't think I'm ever buy a silencer. I sometimes think about it but unless everyone else on the range has one it won't do me a whole lot of good. I guess it's be handy for a home defense situation though.

Edited to Add:
    Don't know what it's worth but the NFA approved threading the Storm to allow attachment of a suppressor
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_48/365639_9mm_AR_15_vs__Beretta_CX_storm.html&page=2

87Theworld

Nov 2, 2011
    Howard County
    well since your not getting a suppressor it should be a good buy. I was thinking Someone maybe could get a threaded flash hider permanently welded on the barrel to attach a suppressor idk if that would work for someone. Been smarter if 922r didn't exist to regulate accessories, but what do I know about sporting purposes :sad20:

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    I'm fair certain I want to get one but the question is who has one in stock and has a good price on one. I can technically buy this form a dealer out of state too because it's not on the list correct?

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    2A sales had one in stock this week. They are considered rifles not handguns so a transfer is still needed unless its already in state.

Rifles but not assault rifle so it's just the one sheet for the feds and the quick background check, no waiting period or additional forms.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    One of my favorite carbines in 9mm with the 92f mags (Beretta/Mecgar)
    Never had any problems with about 2k down range and seldom cleaned except a boresnake.
    Used in IDPA 2-gun matches out to 100yrds and is my most accurate gun.
    Mine came with a Burris Speed Dot and extra rails.
    Pic is off hand at 100yrds rapid fire.

Attachments

• DSCN7959.jpg
      DSCN7959.jpg
      89.8 KB · Views: 148
    • DSCN7960.jpg
      DSCN7960.jpg
      81.9 KB · Views: 151

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    One of my favorite carbines in 9mm with the 92f mags (Beretta/Mecgar)
    Never had any problems with about 2k down range and seldom cleaned except a boresnake.
    Used in IDPA 2-gun matches out to 100yrds and is my most accurate gun.
    Mine came with a Burris Speed Dot and extra rails.
    Pic is off hand at 100yrds rapid fire.

Am I the only one to notice the "Adult Videos" ads in the newspaper? :innocent0

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Two questions

How is the trigger? The internet reports seem to vary from "not bad" to "the worst trigger I've ever used." I suspect the truth is somewhere in between but the Sierra papa trigger upgrade is expensive... to the point of pushing the cost of the thing closer and closer towards a dedicated 9mm AR. I'm personally of the opinion of buy the gun that was designed as a PCC to start (In the same way that I tend not to understand the whole gas piston AR trend; if you want a gun with a gas piston buy a gun that was designed with a gas piston from the start.) but it's worth noting. For the record I am perfectly happy with most GI AR triggers.

Second some say the Pro Mags also work in their gun? There are some cheap 20 round Pro Mags out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom