• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    FWIW, I like my Tenicor Certum 3 for IWB/AIWB. With a cant, AIWB is very comfy.
    I keep coming across this advice online, and I’ve probably looked at their site 20 times, but I cannot understand what makes this holster worth $109. What makes this holster so good? I have the two holsters I mentioned earlier and have looked at dozens (hundreds?) of P365 holsters and I just don’t see why the expensive kydex ones are so much more. I can see why some custom leather holsters are more though, because they look harder to make.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I keep coming across this advice online, and I’ve probably looked at their site 20 times, but I cannot understand what makes this holster worth $109. What makes this holster so good? I have the two holsters I mentioned earlier and have looked at dozens (hundreds?) of P365 holsters and I just don’t see why the expensive kydex ones are so much more. I can see why some custom leather holsters are more though, because they look harder to make.
    All I can say is that I have the Tenicor Velo4 and bought it because there was no other like it. It has an incorporated wedge, double clip, and is tuckable. I didn’t consider the cost, just that it was the only one with the features I sought for an AIWB. I will say it is extremely comfortable and I am glad I bought it. Additionally, Tenicor has a lifetime satisfaction guarantee.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd buy one just on Blaster's recommendation if I didn't have to buy a gun to go with it. That's where it starts getting pricey.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I put this in the "No manual safety" thread...but then realized it probably should have gone here:

For what it's worth, we had a guy in our last steel match shooting a P365 with a manual safety, and it was engaging itself just about every other or second other round. At first, we all naturally assumed his thumb was bumping it, so he made a deliberate attempt to ride it down. That wasn't very feasible because the lever is so small, and it didn't make a difference. Then, he lowered his grip...a lot, and it kept happening.

In hindsight, I wish we had videoed him and tried to catch a shot with the super slow-mo these newfangled phones have and also gotten someone else to shoot it. But, he was gripping it so low, and there were so many eyes watching intently, I'm confident it wasn't his thumb doing it. He said he was going to send it back to SIG. Hopefully he'll have an answer by the next match.

Anybody else have similar experiences? I know that was only one example, but it made me glad my P365 never had a manual safety...and I don't think any of my next ones will.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    FWIW, I like my Tenicor Certum 3 for IWB/AIWB. With a cant, AIWB is very comfy. I have a Galco Combat Master for OWB, and it’s also very comfy. I have a few other holsters for it, but those are my “go to” holsters and I’m not looking for any new holsters. At least, not for my 365.
    I haven't tried the Certum 3, but love the Velo 4. It has that built in teardrop shaped bulge that makes it super comfortable for AIWB. It sits right in that crease between your leg and crotch and pushes the grip into your belly. It is so comfortable to me now that I have been carrying it everyday that I don't even realize that it is there most of the time.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Why I chose the stock X model, and am happy with it as-is:

* Room for my pinky finger ... plus, double coupon day, 12 rounds standard. Yes I know I can get an extended mag with the standard P365, or change out the grip module, but why? I'm always going to want the longer grip. Besides the extra rounds capacity, and the "it just feels better" with the longer grip, that extra finger on the grip gives me better control of the gun, especially for follow-up shots. It just makes sense to have it come stock-issued with the firearm if I always want it on. And then there's:
    * Beaver tail on the grip. Again, it just feels better to me than a standard P365, but more importantly it gives me another point of control for recoil. The beaver tail up top, and the pinky on the bottom, both push/pulling in opposite directions, means I can more quickly return the firearm onto the target.
    * Optics-ready. Truth be told, I did NOT get the Romeo Zero red dot from Sig, but that's an option on the X anyway, not a mandatory X stock item. Instead I went with the Holosun HS507K X2. The reason for that is two-fold: 1) the optics controls for the Romeo Zero are all on a tiny button way up inside the optic, hard to reach, and near impossible to get at without touching the glass. And 2) you have to remove the Romeo Zero off the slide to change the battery - thus messing up your zero aim point. With the Holosun, all controls are easy to access and the battery easily slides in from the side without dismounting the optic from the gun.

Why not go with the XL, Macro, or other options? Really only one reason for me:

* This is a carry gun. I want it as small, concealable, light, and comfortable as possible. While I'm willing to bump up from a P356 for the reasons I listed above, the P365X gives me all the extras that I really need while meeting the "small means small" criteria as much as possible. It's the sweet spot for me.

Even with all of the gazillions of options Sig has to offer on this gun family, personally I have no need for them. Teratos does have me intrigued with his comments on an after-market Gray Guns trigger upgrade. I've seen what an improved trigger can do for my AR platform, so maybe that will be a project for down the road.

Last edited:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Put my vanilla 356 slide on an X Macro frame.
    Had to cut the front of the frame off and do a little shaping. View attachment 389006 View attachment 389011
    Interesting- I may grab a macro frame but will likely use with my XL slide/barrel combo.

For those with standard P365’s I recommend looking on the secondary market for take off XL slide/barrel combos, I picked one up cheap on eBay because the front tritium was dead, easy replacement.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    This thread is going to cost me some money. I don't own a Sig but enjoy the hell out of the dozen or so handguns I have. I also don't carry but am considering it. Been digging the Glock 17 I have and have been leaning towards a G43X as my next purchase. Guess I'm renting a Sig soon for a test drive.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    This thread is going to cost me some money. I don't own a Sig but enjoy the hell out of the dozen or so handguns I have. I also don't carry but am considering it. Been digging the Glock 17 I have and have been leaning towards a G43X as my next purchase. Guess I'm renting a Sig soon for a test drive.
    Smart move. I have an assortment of glocks and shoot them OK. I didn't realize how well the sig pointed for me vs the glock 43. The glock grip angle isn't perfect for me.

The downside to Sig is the price of mags, $50/ mag ouch.

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    My new P365 EDC- P365x slide with Holosun EPS Carry, Wilson Combat regular 365 grip module, usually in a Crossbreed holster.

Attachments

• 36890A09-3A4C-4364-AC1E-13D1269E47BA.jpeg
      36890A09-3A4C-4364-AC1E-13D1269E47BA.jpeg
      464.5 KB · Views: 88
    Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Smart move. I have an assortment of glocks and shoot them OK. I didn't realize how well the sig pointed for me vs the glock 43. The glock grip angle isn't perfect for me.
    The grip angle is the one single thing that kept me from liking Blocks - they don't point naturally for me or like any other handgun I've used. My CZs not only point where I'm looking, but when I look at a target, close my eyes and present the gun, then open them, I have a sight picture on target. My P365s are almost as natural to point. Glocks are typically pointing way high for me after the same exercise and I find myself looking at the top of the slide.
    The downside to Sig is the price of mags, $50/ mag ouch.
    "Ouch" is right. If you buy retail/MSRP, they'll wear you out.

You can find mags discounted if you can get them shipped someplace out of state. Still expensive at $40-42 for new mags, but not $50.

You can also find used mags for $30/35 each, especially with everyone gravitating right now toward the Macro grip module and it's 15/17 rounders. I just bought a group of 10 lightly used 12 rounders, 2 each 15 rounders and two like-new holsters (DeSantis & BlackPoint) for $425 shipped. Even with not counting the holsters (new retail $90-100/each); $425 / 12 =$35/mag. Just had to go out of state to pick them up at a friend's place, whom I visit regularly anyway. Just saw (3) used 10 rounders for sale for $80 shipped and one could legally receive them here in MD.

My new P365 EDC- P365x slide with Holosun EPS Carry, Wilson Combat regular 365 grip module, usually in a Crossbreed holster.
    View attachment 390575
    Nice! How do you like the WC grip module?

I've been wanting to try an optic too and just received a Holosun 407 with a green 6 moa dot to try on my XL slide. Probably mount it today, but likely won't be able to shoot it for a few weeks due to eye surgeries.

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    The grip angle is the one single thing that kept me from liking Blocks - they don't point naturally for me or like any other handgun I've used. My CZs not only point where I'm looking, but when I look at a target, close my eyes and present the gun, then open them, I have a sight picture on target. My P365s are almost as natural to point. Glocks are typically pointing way high for me after the same exercise and I find myself looking at the top of the slide.

"Ouch" is right. If you buy retail/MSRP, they'll wear you out.

You can find mags discounted if you can get them shipped someplace out of state. Still expensive at $40-42 for new mags, but not $50.

You can also find used mags for $30/35 each, especially with everyone gravitating right now toward the Macro grip module and it's 15/17 rounders. I just bought a group of 10 lightly used 12 rounders, 2 each 15 rounders and two like-new holsters (DeSantis & BlackPoint) for $425 shipped. Even with not counting the holsters (new retail $90-100/each); $425 / 12 =$35/mag. Just had to go out of state to pick them up at a friend's place, whom I visit regularly anyway. Just saw (3) used 10 rounders for sale for $80 shipped and one could legally receive them here in MD.

Nice! How do you like the WC grip module?

I've been wanting to try an optic too and just received a Holosun 407 with a green 6 moa dot to try on my XL slide. Probably mount it today, but likely won't be able to shoot it for a few weeks due to eye surgeries.
    The WC grip module is amazing, especially for the price ($50 for black Fri). It just molds to the hand so well and isn’t too rough for IWB (the stock module is a little more sand papery).

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    The WC grip module is amazing, especially for the price ($50 for black Fri). It just molds to the hand so well and isn’t too rough for IWB (the stock module is a little more sand papery).
    And you can add weight to them if thays something you're after.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I thought I'd bump this thread. My wife finally let my 365X out of Christmas jail, and I picked up a Crossbreed Minituck holster for it. It's been kind of fun carrying it around. The holster is pretty comfortable and it does a good job of being concealed - as long as I'm wearing any kind of shirt that drapes down over my waistband, you'd never know it was there, which is the whole point.

Is this how it feels in free America all the time?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been carrying a CZ Rami since I got permission from Their Majesties. I really like it, but it can't be denied that it's on the heavy and bulky side of the tiny-nine spectrum.

I'd been considering the P365X, especially for serious concealment. It's lighter, and a little smaller, but given what I've read here, the Diamondback DB9 sounds like a better deal. It's really small, and really light, and doesn't seem to have a problem going Bang.

There's folks here who like and carry the gun, whose hands make mine look tiny, so that's a valid endorsement. Then there's the price(!). I've paid nearly as much for a holster or two.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    My sig 365 xl collection has grown, I want to make a 365X. I have the grip module, best place to source the FCU? Sig site?

I might go after market for the slide/barrel combo if price doesn't kill me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom