• ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What was the reason you had to modify?
    The frame went well beyond the end of the slide. I did not get a true "before pic". The stub of the Picatinny rail would not be very useful, so I made it so it would fit a standard P365 holster. I just need some 17 round mags, so I can add it to the rotation.

Slumy__57

May 18, 2018
    Hampstead MD
    Thanks. I’ll see how it goes. I very well may follow the E.Shell school of gun buying.

Like a lot of people new to carrying, a thumb break felt a little more assuring. You know in case I’m doing a hand stand or something I don’t have to worry about my gun falling out. I liked the DeSantis.
    View attachment 388818
    That's a nice looking holster. I was a little leery of going with leather over kydex and grabbed a vedder light tuck to start with, but I may have to look into something like this for my next one.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    What was the reason you had to modify?
    A bad underbite ;)

EShell, thanks for the tip about SigTalk classifieds. I'll prob pick up an orig P365 slide and spare X/XMacro module to sort of make a stubby gun like Teratos for warmer weather.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That's a nice looking holster. I was a little leery of going with leather over kydex and grabbed a vedder light tuck to start with, but I may have to look into something like this for my next one.
    Problem with that type of holster, the center of gravity. Belt loops on the very bottom allows the pistol to "tip over" away from the body.
    Maybe not so much for a smaller pistol, but with a larger pistol, so caveat emptor.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    A bad underbite ;)

EShell, thanks for the tip about SigTalk classifieds. I'll prob pick up an orig P365 slide and spare X/XMacro module to sort of make a stubby gun like Teratos for warmer weather.
    Yeah, Teratos does OK for such a stubby gun.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    One other difference I haven’t seen mentioned between the 365 and X/XL frame is the X/Xl has a longer beaver tail and maybe it’s just the pics but seems like your hand sits deeper. Whatever it is, the XL frame is awesome for actual shooting. The Wilson Combat has that extra beaver tail length in either size.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    One other difference I haven’t seen mentioned between the 365 and X/XL frame is the X/Xl has a longer beaver tail and maybe it’s just the pics but seems like your hand sits deeper. Whatever it is, the XL frame is awesome for actual shooting. The Wilson Combat has that extra beaver tail length in either size.
    You're right about the X/XL grip module having a longer beavertail, but the "reach" doesn't change. I have both, and then, there's this:
    https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-sig-sauer-p365x

@smdub:
    P365 complete slide assy, $325 (a few bucks more than a bunch recently posted/sold for $275-300, so he might negotiate):
    https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/p365-slide-with-or-without-true-barrel-comp.428236/#post-6053338

You really have to look every day to catch them, but a LOT get sold.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    At what point does it make sense to buy a whole P365, raid parts from it, and sell off the spare FCU? (or keep it as a spare.)
    A wise man once said....if you are thinking about it, it's probably time to do it.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Is it just me or is the P365 a little fugly bastard?

Used to better looking SIGs.

58-P228-B216785-3.jpg

798681303892_1.png

product-detail-p229-da-sa-2x.png

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Did it shorten the take up, lighten the pull or both?
    I got the hybrid. Shorter uptake. Shorter reset. Adjusted the overtravel to zero. Crisper. I actually put a heavier trigger spring in it. I might go lighter. I’ll play with it for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom