• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terps

Apr 26, 2020
    I'm seriously considering a p365. I currently don't have a small very carry friendly 9mm. The P365 keeps coming to the top of the list when I'm digging around. I've held it numerous times at my LGS and with the extended pinky mag I can get a decent grip on the tiny frame. In anyone's experience is the P365 an easy "good buy" for those that can fit this tiny gun in their hands?

My current size 9mm is a G48, not a large frame by any means, but it is larger than the P365.

Thoughts?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    OK, I'll talk you out of it:

Get the P365X. Same length barrel/slide as the P365. The longer grip makes it feel more stable, the 12 round mag is flush fit and it's really about the same finished length as the P365 with the pinky-supporting magazine in it. Handle them both. Several of the guys here that started with a straight P365 went to the longer 'X/XL' grip frame by Wilson Combat and rave about how much better it feels.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I have the 365 not the X, the shorter grip prints less through my shirt. As long as you don't have a limp wristed grip, the grip is plenty long enough

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    Nice thing is that it is an easy conversion to go from normal to X just by changing the grip module so you can switch back and forth depending on how concealable you need to be

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I have the 365 not the X, the shorter grip prints less through my shirt. As long as you don't have a limp wristed grip, the grip is plenty long enough

+1. The original 365 reminds me of a PPK, only 9mm. And 10 rounds. And lighter. IMO, it's the perfect EDC and has been since I bought one when they came out and I had a unicorn pre Bruen W&C.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The allure of the P365 and the P320 is the customization you can do since the FCU is the regulated part of the firearm, just swap the FCU to another frame and if you have another slide and you can have bigger or smaller gun.

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    I've had the P365 (original) for years now as well. Shot my W&C course with it while everyone else in the class (5 people) used Glock 17's. We all had perfect scores. I put the Wilson grip on it recently but I am considering going back to the stock grip as it is just a little thinner for better carry. I have often considered the other P365 models but I keep coming back to the original as the perfect carry gun (for me) just as it was sold in the beginning.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Get a vanilla 365 and an XL grip module. You can swap out grips in a minute.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I've been out of the new handgun game for sometime, as I'm one of the bitter HQL holdouts. I hear wonderful things about this pistol, but I have some old bias against Sigs for presumably being finicky about ammo. Additionally, I have read recently that their customer support is basically non-existent, whereas a company like Ruger is very willing to make something right after your purchase.

Any knowledgeable insight on the matters?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I've been out of the new handgun game for sometime, as I'm one of the bitter HQL holdouts. I hear wonderful things about this pistol, but I have some old bias against Sigs for presumably being finicky about ammo. Additionally, I have read recently that their customer support is basically non-existent, whereas a company like Ruger is very willing to make something right after your purchase.

My P320 M17 has shot everything I have run through it, mostly Blazer Aluminum Case, PMC Bronze, and other range type ammo.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Cold day in hell I talk anyone out of that. My wife finally followed me into a gun store. Then she trained, then went for the p365 rainbow. It has a place in my heart.

254513d1a3b3262ad49b257c3d4f78e2-365-rainbow.jpg

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Ill give it a shot. Had a buddy have his front sight, mag release area, and mags begin to show rust within 2 months of carry. Barrel looked disgusting as well, but cleaned up allright. He has the optic version and the lens scratched from his fingernail trying to turn it on, the button is right behind the lens. After a 4 day course in the desert, you could barely see through it.

These do not seem to be a common issue with the gun, and I know many people that carry a 365 without issue, but I have seen it with my own eyes. Never heard of it being ammo picky.

I went for the GX4. Same size, better trigger, higher capacity, feels better in my hand, and about half the cost, but the 365 in whatever form is a very nice option. The GX4 has a separate grip module as well, although there are not any alternative options yet as far as I know.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ill give it a shot. Had a buddy have his front sight, mag release area, and mags begin to show rust within 2 months of carry. Barrel looked disgusting as well, but cleaned up allright. He has the optic version and the lens scratched from his fingernail trying to turn it on, the button is right behind the lens. After a 4 day course in the desert, you could barely see through it.

These do not seem to be a common issue with the gun, and I know many people that carry a 365 without issue, but I have seen it with my own eyes. Never heard of it being ammo picky.

I went for the GX4. Same size, better trigger, higher capacity, feels better in my hand, and about half the cost, but the 365 in whatever form is a very nice option. The GX4 has a separate grip module as well, although there are not any alternative options yet as far as I know.
    Does your buddy 6 O’Clock carry?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Have a couple, been carrying the original for a few years and love it, got an XL with R0 elite recently. The original short grip is more versatile IMO, not much difference in grip feel between an original with 12rd mag and sleeve and the XL, but you only have the 10rd flush fit option with the shorter original grip. You can swap grip modules easily, and buy whatever length you want for $30 or $40 for a wider, but more comfortable Wilson module.

Personally the best model to get is the 365X and a standard grip module/short mags if you want a more compact pistol, it has the longer grip frame, but also has the optics plate so you can run a red dot, the standard model does not have the optics plate. I would not buy the models with the romeo zero pre-installed, they end up about $150 more with the old R0, and don't include the irons and cover plate. Costs the same for the standard model and new improved R0 elite, and it includes the cover plate/rear sight if you don't care for the optic.

I carry the standard model in pocket and AIWB most of the time, have been carrying the XL model AIWB and OWB, both carry well, but the longer grip does take a little more to conceal, and isn't quite as comfortable.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I've been out of the new handgun game for sometime, as I'm one of the bitter HQL holdouts.
    Me too, but since the HQL came so easily after the HGP, I finally got the damn thing.
    I hear wonderful things about this pistol, but I have some old bias against Sigs for presumably being finicky about ammo. Additionally, I have read recently that their customer support is basically non-existent, whereas a company like Ruger is very willing to make something right after your purchase.

I just bought a P365X a couple weeks ago and it didn't seem finicky at all. I ran two 12 round mags each of the following through it in one range session:

Federal 124 HST
    Speer 124 Gold Dot
    PMC Bronze 115 FMJ
    Remington 147 Golden Saber
    Starfire 124 JHP

No problems.

I don't know anything about SIG's customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom