• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VA_Sheepdog

Apr 10, 2010
    Wow is about all I can say...I just got home from the CCJA Tactical Handgun I class and it was a blast...Not to mention how much I really learned. I am not a beginner or newby to the firearms game...I have been throught he Washington DC police academy, I was in the US Army (an MP no less) and was even part of the Army Reserve Shooting team. I am also a current and active NRA firearms instructor. All that in mind I learned a ton today (stuff that will definately be incorporated in future classes I teach).

Tom is an amazing instructor and Yoda was excellent back up today. Both of them have a wealth of knowledge, and whats more dont get upset if you question them and ask WHY do you do that! Imagine that, on the contrary they actually invite those types of questions.

The range equally amazing...beautiful and it is all yours. We did some amazing drills on the range and I have now shot in ways I never even imagined! LOL...we were able to do things you can never do at your local range.

If you carry a gun or even have on in your home for defense and you havent taken this class...shame on you! Believe me...in the realy of handguns, this was the best $200 bucks I ever spent. You get the same level of training and drills that all of those high speed ninja type SWAT guys get, but do so as a civilian...

The only regret I have is not signing up for Handgun II tomorrow...but thats OK I will be in one very soon...so get off your butts and sign up....NOW!

Tom...thanks again and I cant wait until I can get back down for part 2!

Jude Luellen...and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me...703-965-1218

jerielg

Old Guy
    Jan 10, 2010
    Paw Paw, WV
    I'd really like to take this class but I'm not sure that I'm physically able. I have some nerve damage in my left arm and hand. Subsequently, I'm not able to safely shoot left handed. Is there a chance that some accommodation could be made in a case like this?

jmira

VA Rocks.
    Mar 25, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    You can sit out any exercise you are not comfortable with.

There was not much off hand shooting during this class. Much of the instruction was around the fundamentals of shooting.. Draw, Magazine Changing, Malfunction Drills, Trigger Control and Sight picture. ( not in any order of importance, but the last 2 being stressed the most.. )

glock_forty5

Oct 30, 2007
    I'd really like to take this class but I'm not sure that I'm physically able. I have some nerve damage in my left arm and hand. Subsequently, I'm not able to safely shoot left handed. Is there a chance that some accommodation could be made in a case like this?

Tom and his instructors are very flexible. They will make on the fly adjustments to meet a students needs. Call Tom and let him know the your needs and he will tell it to you straight. As the OP said, this is a great course and you owe it to yourself to attend if you can.

glock_forty5

Oct 30, 2007
    Wow is about all I can say...I just got home from the CCJA Tactical Handgun I class and it was a blast...Not to mention how much I really learned. I am not a beginner or newby to the firearms game...I have been throught he Washington DC police academy, I was in the US Army (an MP no less) and was even part of the Army Reserve Shooting team. I am also a current and active NRA firearms instructor. All that in mind I learned a ton today (stuff that will definately be incorporated in future classes I teach).

Tom is an amazing instructor and Yoda was excellent back up today. Both of them have a wealth of knowledge, and whats more dont get upset if you question them and ask WHY do you do that! Imagine that, on the contrary they actually invite those types of questions.

The range equally amazing...beautiful and it is all yours. We did some amazing drills on the range and I have now shot in ways I never even imagined! LOL...we were able to do things you can never do at your local range.

If you carry a gun or even have on in your home for defense and you havent taken this class...shame on you! Believe me...in the realy of handguns, this was the best $200 bucks I ever spent. You get the same level of training and drills that all of those high speed ninja type SWAT guys get, but do so as a civilian...

The only regret I have is not signing up for Handgun II tomorrow...but thats OK I will be in one very soon...so get off your butts and sign up....NOW!

Tom...thanks again and I cant wait until I can get back down for part 2!

Jude Luellen...and if you have any questions please feel free to contact me...703-965-1218

Great write up and welcome to the board! I recommend you take one of the carbine courses too. And if you want a real work out, take the shotgun course!

JT

VA_Sheepdog

Apr 10, 2010

I cant speak for them, but from what I saw...so long as you are open and upfront with them they will definately accomidate you. We were doing some drills going from seated to kneeling position and one of the students couldnt do it due to bad knees and they just allowed him to sit out that section...he also sat out of some of the other drills as well.

Defniately sign up...they have them pretty much every month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scorpionking0102

Latest threads

Top Bottom