• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I've got one on my one & only 10/22 and I love it. Now I can't compare to anything other than the stock wood that came with my riffle but I think the fit and finish are very good & tight. I also got the Mono Pod for the grip that works great. I like the fact that if or when I upgrade to a bull barrel I can still use this stock. As yet I haven't used the front rail & haven't even removed it from the stock. Hope this helps your decision. I'll upload some photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      79.5 KB · Views: 127

Mike96ZJ

Mar 1, 2009
    California, MD
    Looks nice. He shot one of my sister's that has a Tapco stock on it. I just hated the look of the stock and it was very flimsy. This one seems nice and I like the removable insert for the barrel.

In the video Tacstar had the pieces just dropped out. I assume there is retention for the barrel insert? It's not loose and rattling around? Is it a pain to get the mags out of the inserts?

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Mine has 2 Phillip head screws holding it in and I haven't had a need to remove it but it is tight. It cradles the barrel nice and tight, hard to believe there is just one screw that holds it all together. The stock will hold 2 Ruger clips tight but they come out with just a little effort and they can be switched to either side of the stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      90 KB · Views: 110

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    No problem, as I said it's just one bolt! They only thing that I wish was better would be the discoloring in my stock around the receiver area which I guess would be a manufacturing issue. Seems like it has "paint runs" in the moulding but doesn't effect the feel of it all, just appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom