• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    I'm looking at getting one of these to put on my Remington 700, what are your thoughts on this scope and also what Rings would you recommend I use for it? I am also open to looking at other scopes in this price range.

Thanks,
    David

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    It's great glass for the money and it's earned a reputation as a great inexpensive optic, often compared to scopes costing much more. I had a set of TPS rings on rig I put together a few years ago and they were good solid rings.

Dec 6, 2011
    It's a nice scope. The older ones were MOA/MIL. Be careful about what you order. If you are using it for 700 yards and under, medium Leupold dual dovetails are inexpensive, very strong and will serve you well. If you want a variable, Midway USA has two exclusive scopes that are very nice. The Weaver Grand Slam 3-10 Tactical for 299 and a Vortex Viper 5-15 for 499. Mil/Mil is a nice set up.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I have one. For the money, a good scope... It's had me on target out to 800-900yds. Having said that, i've sent it back to SWFA twice. The first time, the windage adjustment blew right off. Since their customer-service is top notch, I got a replacement before I even sent the faulty one back. The second time, I had to send it back because the tracking was "goofy" at 1000yds, but not sure I can knock a $400 scope that had me out to 800-900yds accurately. And again, SWFA customer-service stepped up.

I would gladly by another one, but it would depend on the application. What do you plan on using it for?

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have the same scope in 20x42 on my Savage 10FCPK and for the price it's hard to beat. It has very clear glass, always returns to zero and the turrets have a nice solid feel.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    It's easily a 400yd scope. For plinking, it's more than adequate. For other what-if purposes, there are better choices. I've been seriously looking at the 1-4x and 1-6x SS for plinking up to 300yds on a 16" carbine.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    ok good i thought i was missing something...lol...

Also how do i go about picking the right ring height?

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Here is my Rem 700 PSS with a 10x Super Sniper. It's pretty damn heavy, of course so are the Night Forces. For the price it has very good glass, is near bullet proof and is assembled in Japan.

Mark over at 2A has had a used SS in his case for a while....

b5f935d6.jpg

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    It's a nice scope. The older ones were MOA/MIL. Be careful about what you order. If you are using it for 700 yards and under, medium Leupold dual dovetails are inexpensive, very strong and will serve you well. If you want a variable, Midway USA has two exclusive scopes that are very nice. The Weaver Grand Slam 3-10 Tactical for 299 and a Vortex Viper 5-15 for 499. Mil/Mil is a nice set up.

+1 on the Weaver 3-10, just ordered that on sale along with Weaver 20 moa base and TPS low rings.

The mil reticle will only be accurate at one power setting because they are second focal plane scopes but I think the variable will be more useful than the fixed 10x.

Check out the review at Sniper Central: http://www.snipercentral.com/weavergslam.phtml

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    I ordered the SS 10x42 and the TPS rings! Now i just need a BiPod and im all set!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom