• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    Hi all,

I have a Smith and Wesson E series on hold at a local shop while I work on selling another pistol. It's the plain 5" stainless model. I noticed when I was in the shop that the thumb safety was mushy going into the "safe" position but clicked nicely back down into the down position.

I really want this pistol and will take possession of it regardless. Because, I love the looks and feel of this thing! However, is it fair to ask my dealer to send it back while I work up my cash for it?

Or, should I just wait and send it back after getting an RMA when I get it?

Thanks for any advice

Scribe556

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Hi all,

I have a Smith and Wesson E series on hold at a local shop while I work on selling another pistol. It's the plain 5" stainless model. I noticed when I was in the shop that the thumb safety was mushy going into the "safe" position but clicked nicely back down into the down position.

I really want this pistol and will take possession of it regardless. Because, I love the looks and feel of this thing! However, is it fair to ask my dealer to send it back while I work up my cash for it?

Or, should I just wait and send it back after getting an RMA when I get it?

Thanks for any advice

Scribe556

Give me the name of the dealer , tell them you do not want it . So I can purchase it . I have been looking for that model for a while !:D

If it was me, I would purchase it and send it back to have them take a look at it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What are you comaring it to? Are you an avid 1911 user?

Lots of people not familiar with the 1911 think theres something off with a properly tensioned safety when there is not.

Im not saying something isnt wrong, but Im trying to determine the issue.

If it has Ambi Safeties then THAT is the problem. 1911 Ambi Safeties are junk except the Wilson Bulletproof Safety (I may regret that because Wilson has taken a serous dump in accessory quality as of late)

honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    My ambi safety would raise up under rapid fire. I was not sure if that was due to my fat hands or if it was the actual safety. I had ^Charles^ put a single sided on the gun and now it is a 100% perfect.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    My ambi safety would raise up under rapid fire. I was not sure if that was due to my fat hands or if it was the actual safety. I had ^Charles^ put a single sided on the gun and now it is a 100% perfect.

Did you get reamed when you got the invoice? :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom