Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I am still running the words of the female judge through my mind… paraphrasing a little…

everyone buying a MSR is presumed to be a mass shooter as that’s the only thing these things are used for.

would/should someone hearing this case have recused/excused themselves if they start with this opinion?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I am still running the words of the female judge through my mind… paraphrasing a little…

everyone buying a MSR is presumed to be a mass shooter as that’s the only thing these things are used for.

would/should someone hearing this case have recused/excused themselves if they start with this opinion?

She and her friends might say everyone who does NOT have that opinion should recuse themselves.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Even if that is the case, then if you flip it and the states with the highest convictions for public corruption have the lowest amount of it, it is still a mixed bag of states with little gun control, and those with onerous.

My point, and the state corruption index backs it up, there is no apparent correlation between public corruption and gun control. Gun control sometimes DOES result in public corruption. See all of the license to carry for money schemes that have been busted over the years. But legislating gun control in and of itself does not appear to have any link to the corruption going on in government otherwise.
    The presence of politicians is what drives the corruption more than anything else.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

Under MDAG's logic, I could be banned from possessing my restored 19th century percussion sidelock muskets because they're never used for self defense anymore.

My Pattern 1853 Threeband Enfield Musket is in use right this minute, defending my home with 16" socket bayonet fixed.

Anybody attempts a cavalry charge on me is in for a surprise.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Just doing some more thinking on something else here… the miller NFA case from ?38? Said arms useful for militia are protected. And found a sawed off shotgun not protected when the state alleged SOS was not commonly used by the military/militia.

how did this change to … it was useful for militia service being a disqualified as far as a type of firearm being 2a protected?

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    It really is the new Bruen standard. Just from reading what others have posted, it is hard to believe that one of the judges today could even fathom upholding the Maryland assault weapon ban under Bruen. However, the 4th Circuit actually upholding the new standard laid down by Bruen, which should have been the standard all the time, would really give the MGA pause. Then again, maybe not. Might as well spend more tax dollars employing more attorneys in the Maryland Attorney General's office to argue this tripe instead of actually accomplishing something of value.

Just so happy we have a Maryland Court of Special Appeals case confirming Bruen and Shall Issue.
    As of mid-December, the “Appellate Court of Maryland.” Because renaming the courts was a high priority…..

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Common use for specific models shouldn't even be a thing. Is it an arm useful in fighting tyranny? Great.

The first amendment only protects words of Germanic origin, that is, from Anglo Saxon. Words of Romance or Greek origin are right out.

Likewise, freedom of religion is only for the Congregational or Episcopal churches. All them other hereticks is beyond the Pale.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My Pattern 1853 Threeband Enfield Musket is in use right this minute, defending my home with 16" socket bayonet fixed.

Anybody attempts a cavalry charge on me is in for a surprise.
    Wouldn't cheval de frise and caltrops be more effective against a cavalry charge?

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Just doing some more thinking on something else here… the miller NFA case from ?38? Said arms useful for militia are protected. And found a sawed off shotgun not protected when the state alleged SOS was not commonly used by the military/militia.

how did this change to … it was useful for militia service being a disqualified as far as a type of firearm being 2a protected?
    Wasn’t he also a felon in that case?? I need to look this one up

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Aren't Capiche Pants those ones that come down to a lady's calf? It's hard to keep track.
    I prefer all the way off. Otherwise the situation gets awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom