Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Both.
    Frosh has earned my undying disrespect and scorn.
    Yep. He could at least have the dignity to say “you know what, I’m educated and went to law school, I believe that following the juris from the Bruen decision I was wrong.”

Instead he knows he can only delay and delaying the inevitable because he knows he lost. FSA2013/SB281 was his baby too. At least in a few years we can say that he accomplished absolutely nothing that was constitutionally sound to strip away our rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yep. He could at least have the dignity to say “you know what, I’m educated and went to law school, I believe that following the juris from the Bruen decision I was wrong.”

Instead he knows he can only delay and delaying the inevitable because he knows he lost. FSA2013/SB281 was his baby too. At least in a few years we can say that he accomplished absolutely nothing that was constitutionally sound to strip away our rights.
    I despise it when “smart” people can’t change their opinion based on data. His life has been a crusade against legal gun owners, while he ignores criminals. What an elitist prick. Arrogant, shit between the ears, micro phallus bearing jag off.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I despise it when “smart” people can’t change their opinion based on data. His life has been a crusade against legal gun owners, while he ignores criminals. What an elitist prick. Arrogant, shit between the ears, micro phallus bearing jag off.
    Ohhhh... I love it when you type naughty---

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Frosh knows his crown jewel anti 2A antics laws have been reduced to a chunk of coal. The Bruen decision has crushed his elitist soul as he exits his MD AG fiefdom leaving behind his MGA tyrants to be deemed insignificant and wasteful legislative policy makers. This as they get slapped by the Judicial branch of government, that being SCOTUS. The Constitution will prevail.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Frosh knows his crown jewel anti 2A antics laws have been reduced to a chunk of coal. The Bruen decision has crushed his elitist soul as he exits his MD AG fiefdom leaving behind his MGA tyrants to be deemed insignificant and wasteful legislative policy makers. This as they get slapped by the Judicial branch of government, that being SCOTUS. The Constitution will prevail.
    I’d pay to watch Clarence Thomas kick Frosh right in the nuts.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    He hurt him for life with his ruling

I hope his nuts hurt in perpetuity

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    How come everyone else can have their sh*t tee'd up and ready to go......except the state?

I don't know whether to blame Frosh for stalling, or just gov incompetency in general.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    How come everyone else can have their sh*t tee'd up and ready to go......except the state?

I don't know whether to blame Frosh for stalling, or just gov incompetency in general.

While many suspected the Bruen decision was coming on strong, no one in charge wanted to admit it.

Despite being overseen and leaned on by the political class, MSP has risen to the task. Given the constraints under which they operate, they've done a very good job. Even though no elevated official has spoken out about the issue of references, for only one example, that aspect has gone by the wayside in their attempt to meet the current understanding of the law.

As for stalling, wait until the GA has its say. It won't be pretty, I suspect.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Apparently Frosh applied for a 30 day extension, on Thursday, for their brief and was granted a 30 day extension until 12 Oct.
    Really pisses me off that extensions are routinely filed and granted with crap like this. No extensions, show up present your side and have the court rule.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    He's trying to delay as long as possible, what he would really like is to be out of office before his baby is tossed out the window.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County

Most likely all the real research work has already been done by the lawyers for Everytown and other Anti groups. And Frosh has reallocated resources in the past to give fast responses to make something he wanted, happen.

So, I'd say stalling, or inability to accept reality, is why he can't file on time. The longer he waits, the better the chance there isn't an adverse ruling until he's left office. And maybe moved to the UK or Canada.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Most likely all the real research work has already been done by the lawyers for Everytown and other Anti groups. And Frosh has reallocated resources in the past to give fast responses to make something he wanted, happen.

So, I'd say stalling, or inability to accept reality, is why he can't file on time. The longer he waits, the better the chance there isn't an adverse ruling until he's left office. And maybe moved to the UK or Canada.
    Honestly I think there is an element of whistling past the graveyard also. If they just keep looking through legal records maybe, just maybe, they'll find that one good case where they can PROVE THT applies to their law.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    I remember that FSA 2013 was Martin O'Malley's big "triumph" and "legacy" as well as Frosh's. O'Malley really pushed that legislation through . I just wish I could have been a fly on the wall in both of their houses when the Bruen decision was read.

I am looking forward to seeing the FSA 2013 which has done absolutely nothing as well as being unconstitutional, end up in the trash bin.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    It will be dismantled piece by piece thanks to Bruen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hopefully. but the part that chaps my ass is that this garbage law (FSA2013) has been in place for 9 years and will be more time before it is (hopefully) flushed down the toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom