• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Given the fact courts have been making policy instead of deciding real constitioniality, I fear this case as much as I am hopeful. I do not understand the confusion of shall not be infringed...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Check the monster threads on Wollard (in this section ) , and on the other Federal cases , esp Kalatchey (sp) (in National 2A ) , with particular attention to anything Esqapplellate ( an atty who practices in Federal Apeals ) .

Macsti

Jul 8, 2011
    Ceciltucky
    Assuming they make a decision tomorrow, how would that affect the Wollard Case?

If I remember correctly, this would then be on the October 2013 calendar for oral arguments, which means we MIGHT get a decision right after new years.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Can someone explain how and when the SCOTUS takes on case. Is it on a specific schedule?
    You ask the Court to hear your case by petitioning for a "writ of certiorari" (aka, cert) by submitting briefs outlining why they should hear the case. The opposition responds, you reply, all of your friends get to send in briefs (amicus curiae, "friend of the court"), the Clerk distributes it for conference. At the conference, the Justices vote, four votes gets the case heard. They held the first conference on 12 April, and today, 15 April, is the first public meeting of the Court after the conference, when they will distribute the orders (including cert decisions) coming from that conference. The court may relist the case for another conference, basically meaning one of the Justices was not ready to vote on it on 12 April and needs more time to consider the case, or they're waiting for some external event (Moore's petition for cert)
    Assuming they make a decision tomorrow, how would that affect the Wollard Case?
    Kachalsky and Woollard are substantially similar, if the Court takes Kachalsky, Woollard would expect to be stayed at the 4th Circuit pending Kachalsky's resolution in June 2014.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom