Suppressor recommendation for 223rem bolt action rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have a Phantom 762 lta that I use on several .30 and 5.56 guns, and no matter which gun I use it on, poi is the same with, or without the can. Not many suppressors can make that claim.
    I have the same old yhm can and still use it. I like it because it is 300 magnum and full auto rated (yhm did tell me not to mag dump it on a 308 under 14.5in). It ain't light but it works fine for me over 10k rounds (mostly 308, 3006, 300RUM, and 22-250ai).

If you really want a bolt gun dedicated can that is a slick system check out the area 419 maverick. Multiple configuration options and it goes on and off their hellfire mounts so it interchanges with their brakes and flash suppressor. I have seen a guy running a PRS Tactical division rifle I built up for him go can/brake/can/brake with zero PO shift at distance. That's not common. Jon Addis has videos of it being done but I can say I've see it live.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    How much can it really reduce sound on a rifle shooting 3400 FPS?
    A lot.

I shot over 4400fps with my 14 twist 22-250ai barrels. It isn't the muzzle velocity. It is the gas volume and pressure at the point the bullet exits the muzzle.

The 223 has a relatively small propellant charge and, particularly in a longer barrel, has a relatively mild report. Add a quality suppressor and I'll shoot one all day with no ear pro. My 300rum, with literally four times the propellant charge of a 224, was louder but not anywhere near the tooth loosening blast it had with a brake.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Dammit. Now I need one.
    It seems to me, it's going to be one Hell of a can. There's just not a lot of info. out there yet. I'll let you know when I get mine, in 7-8 months :banghead:
    Budget is around $1K. I liked your youtube video with your 22lr suppressor! I have a dead air mask hd.
    The regular Alaskan, weighs 11.8oz with the R.U.M. attached. That's still very lightweight! That one comes with the R.U.M. and is only $830, through the silencer shop. And, if you buy it before the 30th (3 days) they throw in the tax stamp. The Titanium one doesn't come with the R.U.M. and costs $1,399, but weighs something like 5oz. Thanks for the vote of confidence, for my YouTube video!!!! I just bought the Mask a few weeks ago, and am still waiting to certify it. I'll probably dedicate the mask to my Mk IV, since it supposedly doesn't have a FRP
    The 360 can be used with 9mm and can be used with other "industry-standard mounts", but does not have a short version, so it depends on which is more important to you. DEFINITELY register before buying accessories!! The 360 titanium version weighs like a rimfire can, but is well over the budget of $1K.
    Yup!
    Ok, here’s a quick question, I have 3 rugged suppressors but I have no idea how to register them or if they already are and how do I buy accessories directly from rugged because I usually just get my parts and pieces from silencer shop?

Sorry for the thread Jack

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    @Bafflingbs,

I was also thinking of making my Ruger Mk IV as my dedicated host for the Mask HD, but I'm also debating whether it's worthwhile to cut down the barrel of my left-handed CZ 452 American. I'm hesitant to cut the barrel because it's a good shooter and not sure what cutting the barrel will do to the accuracy.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    @Bafflingbs,

I was also thinking of making my Ruger Mk IV as my dedicated host for the Mask HD, but I'm also debating whether it's worthwhile to cut down the barrel of my left-handed CZ 452 American. I'm hesitant to cut the barrel because it's a good shooter and not sure what cutting the barrel will do to the accuracy.
    Before you do that, think about the less expensive Sparrow for your rifles. There’s no discernible FRP, that I’ve heard. The Mk IV on the other hand, has it. It’s not horrible, but it’s definitely audible.

sino26

Mar 5, 2013
    Columbia
    Ok, here’s a quick question, I have 3 rugged suppressors but I have no idea how to register them or if they already are and how do I buy accessories directly from rugged because I usually just get my parts and pieces from silencer shop?

Sorry for the thread Jack

It takes a day or so to get activated.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It seems to me, it's going to be one Hell of a can. There's just not a lot of info. out there yet. I'll let you know when I get mine, in 7-8 months :banghead:

The regular Alaskan, weighs 11.8oz with the R.U.M. attached. That's still very lightweight! That one comes with the R.U.M. and is only $830, through the silencer shop. And, if you buy it before the 30th (3 days) they throw in the tax stamp. The Titanium one doesn't come with the R.U.M. and costs $1,399, but weighs something like 5oz. Thanks for the vote of confidence, for my YouTube video!!!! I just bought the Mask a few weeks ago, and am still waiting to certify it. I'll probably dedicate the mask to my Mk IV, since it supposedly doesn't have a FRP

Yup!

Thank you

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I just bought a Diligent Defense Enticer L-Ti from Capitol Armory. All said and done (taxes fees etc it was $1080. Not bad at all for a great can

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom