• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Silencerco had an integrally suppressed inline muzzleloader out a few years or so ago. Not sure if they ever caught on or not?

But, it was an over the counter purchase.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    This would be the way to go, as long as it is cleanable.
    Pretty sure you just break it down and clean it like any other muzzle loader. I used to use hot water and Ballistol on mine.

Although, I'm not sure how it would drain from between the baffles?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Silencerco had an integrally suppressed inline muzzleloader out a few years or so ago. Not sure if they ever caught on or not?

But, it was an over the counter purchase.
    I got one when they came out at nearly $1K, they were not selling so they dropped the price to like $500-$600 before they stopped making them.

Loading down to like 60 grains, it is pretty quiet. Full load and its like a Standard Velocity 22LR.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I don’t see the need for something like this other than the gadgetry aspect.
    If you’re loading your rifle correctly it shouldn’t be much more report other than like a sharp crack from a 22.
    Even with smokeless ML varieties.
    From a hunting perspective at least for larger game you can forget about a quick reload or second / follow up shot.
    For a cool factor I think if that’s what floats your boat have at it. I don’t think I need anything personally to improve the systems I’m currently employing however others may feel the necessity.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Pretty sure you just break it down and clean it like any other muzzle loader. I used to use hot water and Ballistol on mine.

Although, I'm not sure how it would drain from between the baffles?
    They say to run water through the bore, alternating from muzzle to breech, stand the barrel muzzle up to drain it, and then to fire five rounds to make sure the suppressor is dry.

I’m guessing the suppressor portion was considered stainless enough to leave dirty between maintenance intervals, especially with Blackhorn 209.

They recommend Blackhorn 209, but say black powder and other substitutes may be used at owner discretion.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Use BH209 and it stays pretty clean. Your hunting and not target shooting so each season is used it I took half a dozen shots including sighting in.

The Maxim’s “moderator” makes a significant difference in sound mitigation. I had enough of a set back from houses to use it a few years ago and no one heard my shots if they were inside thier houses. For closer in shots loading with just 60 grains it sounds like an airsoft gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I don’t see the need for something like this other than the gadgetry aspect.
    If you’re loading your rifle correctly it shouldn’t be much more report other than like a sharp crack from a 22.
    Even with smokeless ML varieties.
    From a hunting perspective at least for larger game you can forget about a quick reload or second / follow up shot.
    For a cool factor I think if that’s what floats your boat have at it. I don’t think I need anything personally to improve the systems I’m currently employing however others may feel the necessity.
    If you are hunting areas where gunshots bother no one , it would make no sense using a suppressed ML. Too much hassle for too little gain. But in urban areas....maybe so. I had two people who live in the burbs of Bmore tell me they would let me hunt deer with a firearm if the neighbors wouldnt hear a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    shatter

Latest threads

Top Bottom