• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A liberal rag, to be sure, but look at the trends in people choosing to carry! There should be more blood in the streets than there is.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Didn't one have to carry unloaded in CA?

ETA: Learned a new and completely useless word: "Missingness" ~ absent

WTF?

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I would think the numbers would be way different now. That study was 2015-2019. Since the SCOTUS decision this summer, the floodgates have opened.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm sure more folks are carrying in previously carry-friendly states because of the trends in violent crime.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    It's funny, a lot of people I know are avid shooters and hunters, and political conservatives, yet don't feel the "need" to go about armed and haven't bothered to get their HGP. Some of them really surprised me.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Plus there was a nationwide rush to buy guns starting in 2020, the year after the study.

I was interested to note the numbers carrying illegally in May Issue states.

It might be interesting to post a survey of how many here did that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's funny, a lot of people I know are avid shooters and hunters, and political conservatives, yet don't feel the "need" to go about armed and haven't bothered to get their HGP. Some of them really surprised me.
    You don’t need it…until you do. Nobody murdered in a mass public shooting woke up that morning thinking about getting shot while picking up frozen lima beans.

Maybe I’m more paranoid than most.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Plus there was a nationwide rush to buy guns starting in 2020, the year after the study.

I was interested to note the numbers carrying illegally in May Issue states.

It might be interesting to post a survey of how many here did that.
    “We” are worse than fisherman when it comes to certain truths.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

I myself have never felt the "need" to carry a gun. I have done a lot self-examination on the issue and I could write a long boring post on my thoughts.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I myself have never felt the "need" to carry a gun. I have done a lot self-examination on the issue and I could write a long boring post on my thoughts.
    I don't feel an imminent need either, as if every trip out is a cause for worry. As long as I stay away from the vegetable section and salad bars, I feel pretty secure.

I guess I really feel a certain responsibility, in that for many years I/we have griped about not being able to get HGPs, and now, we can. Before Bruen, we had no choice but to be defenseless, now, being defenseless is a clear choice.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    They tend to chicken / egg their studies. They’ll show crime has risen along with legal carrying and leave out the part that legal carrying rose due to the existing crime and the crimes were not committed by legal carriers. Much like they ignore that the greater police presence was a reaction to the rise in crimes in certain areas and not because of racism.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I don't feel an imminent need either, as if every trip out is a cause for worry. As long as I stay away from the vegetable section and salad bars, I feel pretty secure.

I guess I really feel a certain responsibility, in that for many years I/we have griped about not being able to get HGPs, and now, we can. Before Bruen, we had no choice but to be defenseless, now, being defenseless is a clear choice.

On 2008 I began carrying Kimber Pepper Blasters on a daily basis, and have almost used them several times. Still, I have often asked myself why I bother. My response has been, "Don't think about it; just do it. A.B.C. - Always Be Carrying." It's a rational decision, not an emotional one.

When I get my permit in a week or two, we'll see how regularly I carry a gun. My stance now is to carry as much as possible, the LCP at a minimum. I'll carry the M&P compact as much as practicable.

But it's a decision rationally arrived at, not something emotional or fear-based. Although I was once approached by a Cougar in the produce department.

I'll continue to carry the Pepper Blaster, as being more likely to be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom