• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks like there’s a bunch of Stop the Bleed classes coming up at ICE Firearms and Defensive Training in Mount Airy. Monday nights from 6-8PM.

They also have some scenario based classes that look interesting (how to survive a home invasion, how to survive a mugging, etc)

Anybody train with these guys before? I think I’ll do a STB with them.

9491910D-454C-4C6A-A0AD-CC72B213BAC0.png

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Didn't find that class on the STB class search page. https://cms.bleedingcontrol.org/Class/Search

Regardless, if its a legit STB class that always good training. I'd just make sure its not a paid class, since STB almost always available for free.
    I've always paid. The money goes as a contribution to the facility that puts the class on. The instructors get nothing. They've all been 4 hour classes.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    I've always paid. The money goes as a contribution to the facility that puts the class on. The instructors get nothing. They've all been 4 hour classes.
    Good to know, I've taken it several times but never gotten 4 hrs of instruction or paid. I wouldn't be opposed to supporting local training facilities that way.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I'm eventually going to find somewhere to do TCCC that isn't on a military base/reservation.

The STB program is good. Have not taken any classes with the group OP mentions. Did STB through a hospital. I have to do CPR/AED and first aid for work.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good to know, I've taken it several times but never gotten 4 hrs of instruction or paid. I wouldn't be opposed to supporting local training facilities that way.
    My IWLA has them regularly. They are always open to the public. All moneys got directly to our chapter's operating account. I take it once a year, just to keep things fresh.

For more info, you can check our calendar. Also, any and all classes offered, STB, NRA basics, MD W&C, etc, are open to the public.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    They’re running a business, of course you would need to sign up…
    Log in? Not the same thing. I signed up for the spartan class with no "log in". Filled out one page of stuff and entered my credit card. Done in five minutes with no "create account" or "log in".

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    My IWLA has them regularly. They are always open to the public. All moneys got directly to our chapter's operating account. I take it once a year, just to keep things fresh.

For more info, you can check our calendar. Also, any and all classes offered, STB, NRA basics, MD W&C, etc, are open to the public.

Awesome, seems like a good cause. Its a good skillset to keep fresh. I'll check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom