• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Okay first this took 20 mins to submit, including a cig break and screenshots. I had an account and I had a eft file, my pic I took with my cell phone against a white wall.

First you must create your eform profile, no pics of that. Once you have they when you go to the atf web site, you will see a red bar for doing Brace rule sbrs. Once you click that it will make you sign in like normal.

once your in you will click individual, even if you have a trust unless the gun was in the trust before Jan 1 2023 you must do individual.

edit I did have to cancel this form because I did not put owner in the right place and it auto filled settlor for my trust. Edit I just redid this one, 5 mins 33 seconds from clicking log in and clicking submit.

bDqKKNI.png

Next fill in your info, or it might auto fill from your profile, I dont remember if it fills from the profile or being on my computer. But one way or another make sure its there.
    7BQKYWb.png

Next click all the stuff on the right, mine is all no's, and I do have a upin.

BRTRmcr.png

Last edited:

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    When you click next on the previous page, it will bring up a page with a line of info across the bottom. schrol to the right if your screen does not show it and click the line edit thing on the bottom right.
    LOuWg4Z.png

fill in all the info that is not, brose and find your face pic. And in my case my finger print etf.

gm02Bgj.png

click save and close
    nu1fiZF.png

Next page will be the cleo stuff. look it up and fill it in. I dont know mine is right but I have not had a form refused yet.
    kf4QDJQ.png

next page click add the firearm.
    9becLnP.png

Put in the maker, if you did it as an 80% its fmi. click verify

fFWsnTU.png

Fill in the rest of the info, model, caliber oal length etc. Fill in why your making it, no dont say because of the brace rule and that it sucks.
    sJjMwlZ.png

If your gonna upload a pic of the factory engraving, or even your atf/md compliant for an 80% just upload it. Describe it how you want, I just use engraving.

AYwm6UK.png

Last edited:

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    If you gonna attach the MD letter on brace rules for still being a pistol do it here. Same for anything else you want or need to add. One I added a copy of the receipt from buying a Hbar barrel.

BEzklt6.png

Verify everything is correct, click verify
    EovzEpt.png

click you understand, click the I am not a robot and then sign and submit

NfdkhH1.png

enter your pin

4gKjr4m.png

and your done
    NCBgOkR.png

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Couple things, for title on the 1st page I use "maker" for a form 1 instead of "SETTLOR", it's in the ATF guide. For the box that opens for line item, I use "SBR" instead of a detailed description in the first box, and " for all lawful purposes" on the second, although one guy on redditt got a form 1 approved with "all lawful purposes and to flex on the poors", so to each their own. You do not have to include a pic of engraving/marks, so far I have a dozen brace amnesty form 1s through without that pic.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Couple things, for title on the 1st page I use "maker" for a form 1 instead of "SETTLOR", it's in the ATF guide. For the box that opens for line item, I use "SBR" instead of a detailed description in the first box, and " for all lawful purposes" on the second, although one guy on redditt got a form 1 approved with "all lawful purposes and to flex on the poors", so to each their own. You do not have to include a pic of engraving/marks, so far I have a dozen brace amnesty form 1s through without that pic.
    I put in there I had to cancel and refile due to auto fill putting in settlor, on the new one I wrote owner.

but there is no one way to fill this out. people write all sorts of things. I saw a sbr one years ago the guy wrote " a shorter barrel is lighter and handier" and the atf accepted it. I doubt they would these days

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    EFT can be downloaded from the Silencershop can't it?
    I dont think it can be, I think they "hold" it for you so your forced to use them for other transfers.

I have read that if you send them a paper card they will convert it and they charge for that.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Interesting. So how does one obtain an EFT then?
    There are places that do it. I used a place off liberty rd near sykesville. Irrc it was 65 bucks or so. essential support services is the name of the place

google electronic finger printing near where you live. Looks like postman plus in nottingham might be closest to you. But call to make sure they do it.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=electronic+fingerprinting+white+marsh+maryland&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS746US746&tbm=lcl&sxsrf=APwXEdfzN5QCn3hEucF4Zd3w_JTnw_y2TQ:1683142686264&ei=HrhSZMnRD5Og5NoP_sCVqAM&ved=0ahUKEwjJ2K6P89n-AhUTEFkFHX5gBTUQ4dUDCAk&uact=5&oq=electronic+fingerprinting+white+marsh+maryland&gs_lcp=Cg1nd3Mtd2l6LWxvY2FsEAMyBAgjECdQAFgAYKYFaABwAHgAgAEtiAEtkgEBMZgBAMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz-local#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:[[39.68885810880403,-75.54992608646313],[39.156314855591724,-76.56341485599438]]

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Interesting. So how does one obtain an EFT then?
    I use Lanco tactical in Elizabethtown for my NFA stuff anyway, they just e-mailed me the EFT and my photo. If you don't already have prints with them already, or are not buying an NFA item from them it's $50. Once you have the EFT though you can use it for all your Eform transactions, so no more printing out cards to mail in. In fact the entire federal process is digital, but still have to print and mail the CLEO form, unless your CLEO office takes faxed/emailed form copies, just make sure to use the CLEO form only if you don't want other info to go to them.

In fact, to add to Scotty's excellent post, you will get an e-mail with a coversheet and CLEO copy once it is submitted. If you used an EFT/digital prints no need for the cover sheet. If you have paper fingerprint cards instead of digital, you have to add the cover sheet and mail them to the ATF. The CLEO copy has to be sent to your CLEO to notify them, they do not need to sign or do anything with it.

Last edited:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Is ATF still taking the paper cards?

Sorry I've suddenly remembered I need to do two of these this month unless I want to toss the braces

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Is ATF still taking the paper cards?

Sorry I've suddenly remembered I need to do two of these this month unless I want to toss the braces
    Yes and put both cover letters in with 2 copies of your prints.

or as many cover letters as you want but just two print cards

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I should have done that. I got lazy and the silencer shop kiosk was close and convenient. The slowdown now is waiting for them to “review” my form 1 before I can submit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom