• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Wait, that place is actually open? I've driven by it for a decade and just assumed it was closed.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Wait, that place is actually open? I've driven by it for a decade and just assumed it was closed.
    If you can get past where it is, who is in it and who works there... its actually a fun place. Great pub style pizza. Food is pretty good and they have several specials throughout the week. Its a dicey neighborhood with dicey clientele, no doubt.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I used to go there when I lived in Aspen hill, 40 years ago. Surprised it's still in business. Used to be a beer and movie place IIRC.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    In my youth I went there a lot. Now it's when one of my kids has a HS game in the area.
    Grateful that the person was not shot.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Honestly great pizza! It’s pub style pizza but it’s pretty good! Our pizza around here stinks I’m no longer impressed with bear brick Oven. Parking lot is AWFUL if you have truck.

Wise guys near the FOP in DC is the best game around but i only get it if I have court.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It does have that shuttered look to it for sure. I kinda like their pizza.

*****It kind of looks like an old Shakey's Pizza Parlor - of which I have fond memories back in Langley Park.

I had no idea that place was still open in Wheaton. Used to go there some time back and I liked it - really good pizza. That neighborhood has not been a great place to go for many years now. One of my friends owns several rentals in that area and many of his renters have been in prison, parole, or probation and *they* have worked there, or are working there now.

I know people make mistakes, and it's nice a place like Stained Glass Pub gives them another chance.

That area is sorta ok during the day. Probably not the best place to be at night unless you are like Austin Powers and like living dangerously.

austin.png

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    If you can get past where it is, who is in it and who works there... its actually a fun place. Great pub style pizza. Food is pretty good and they have several specials throughout the week. Its a dicey neighborhood with dicey clientele, no doubt.
    I grew up about four blocks away. I used to walk there on occasion. Actually stopped in late one Saturday evening during NFL playoffs (completely forgot that people still watch that) and the place was PACKED. Lucked in to one of the booths at the bar and got pizza and beer. The pizza is as good as I remember. The clientele ranges from the best people in the area to fairly shady. I wouldn't say it's a haven for dicey people though. That said, I'm not surprised that there was a mugging outside there.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    Made the unfortunate mistake back in my HS days of taking the wrong 26 bus going the opposite way from destination.

Final stop: Glenmont

Best believe this long haired rockville/bethesda kid wanted out right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom