• Spyderco H1 original $250

Votes: 3 42.9%
    • Spyderco 440C (knockoff?) $75

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So I was going to make a poll asking which of these two knives you folks liked best:

Spyderco Warrior:
    0-d7fc3058-800.jpg

or

MTech Extreme:
    size-os.jpg

But after reading some reviews and watching a couple YouTubes, I decided the MTech ($60) wasn't in the same league as the Warrior ($250). Besides the sawback serrations ruin both the knifes ability to be used as a fighter or as a field craft knife; so scratch that poll idea.

I read, I believe somewhere in this forum, one of you say that the Spyderco Warrior was made for an Israeli unit as a combat/fighter. I understand the Spyderco was essentially several improvements over the Al Mar Warrior knife; so I guess anything is plausible.

Here's my dilemma, I'm finding the Warrior for around $250 most places; but I found it here for only $75: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...nife-440C-balde-and-G10-handle/776802836.html

One reviewer says the only difference is that it is not H1 steel, but 440C with G10 handle.

Is this a legitimate site, and good deal? I would just have the knife as a collectable.

Don't grief me over this nutnfancy video, I like it better than Michael Janich's:

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    The knockoffs can really vary widely in quality from terrible to reasonably decent. Most of my MTECHs are for people usage only, and have an edge reset to around 15 degrees, which is great for flesh but not for utility.

Have you checked out the ZT0100? It is made in CPM-3V, which is arguably one of the best or the best steels used on fixed blades today. You can get refurbs for $200 all day.
    http://www.knifecenter.com/item/ZT0...5-34-inch-CPM3V-Steel-Blade-Black-G10-Handles

Structurally speaking, CPM-3V is similar to INFI used on Busses and it is incredible. It's toughness is pushing that of shock-proof steels (like S7), but with edge retention bordering a supersteel (superior edge retention beyond D2, pushing M2 levels), but it is unusually tough (over five times that of D2 in most cases) and it is very easy to sharpen with even the crudest of tools, giving it all-around properties that are IMHO as good as steel has been to date. And yet you can sharpen it on a rock or a glass, if need be.
    http://www.crucible.com/eselector/prodbyapp/tooldie/cpm3vt.html

This test shows what INFI can take and how it maintains the edge...while this test is ridiculous in terms of using knives for things they aren't made for and many factors affect performance, it speaks as an approximation to how serious the steel is and how much tougher it is than most other knife steels.
    [YT]irEZB8hvGzw[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom