• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goalie098

Trigger Monkey
    Oct 18, 2010
    Finksburg, MD
    I recently acquired a Springfield Micro Compact 1911 .45 and have an issue I want ot research before I head to a gunsmith. I was shooting Winchester white box 230 Grain FMJ and sporadically it was discharging the spent shell casing and an unused round. I would say about 1x ever couple of mags. Anyone have any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thanks

Last edited:

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Would the next round chamber, or would it jam? (eg: if the spent round is #1, and it also ejects round #2, what would happen with round #3)

Would it always happen at the same place in the mag?

Was it always the same mag, or would it happen with different ones?

No chance in hell I'll have the answer, but thought some clarifying questions might help those that really know stuff :D

Good luck!

goalie098

Trigger Monkey
    Oct 18, 2010
    Finksburg, MD
    Would the next round chamber, or would it jam? (eg: if the spent round is #1, and it also ejects round #2, what would happen with round #3)

Would it always happen at the same place in the mag?

Was it always the same mag, or would it happen with different ones?

No chance in hell I'll have the answer, but thought some clarifying questions might help those that really know stuff :D

Good luck!

Good advice. The next round chambers and the gun continues to run. Only 1 extra round and I do not remember it happening multiple times on a single mag. Different places but early in the mag and with different mags.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Haven't had an issue like that with my GI version, but I did have to send it back to Springfield because the extractor was rotating about 30 degrees and it was causing it to stovepipe, we shall see how it turns out when I get it back from them.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    I recently acquired a Springfield Micro Compact 1911 .45 and have an issue I want ot research before I head to a gunsmith. I was shooting Winchester white box 230 Grain FMJ and sporadically it was discharging the spent shell casing and an unused round. I would say about 1x ever couple of mags. Anyone have any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thanks

I would get a few more mags and number them to identify problem mags. You also should try other brands of ammo.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    How is the slide ejecting an unfired round when it uses that fired rounds energy to eject that rounds casing? I'm confused. A round will fire, that case will eject along with the next unfired, unchambered round? 2 ejections through the port on 1 trigger pull? Guess I'm not following. How can that be physically possible?

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    so it sounds like the next round does not chamber but instead gets shucked out the port . Is it by any chance the last round in the mag?

goalie098

Trigger Monkey
    Oct 18, 2010
    Finksburg, MD
    so it sounds like the next round does not chamber but instead gets shucked out the port . Is it by any chance the last round in the mag?

Useally it's early in the mag. 2nd or 3rd round. I'll have run some more rounds through it. i got it used so who know how much wear may be on the springs or the extractor. seems to me whaterver stops the next round coming up the mag doesn't get engage in time.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    i dont know. worn extractor? if thats possible? I'm sure some 1911 guys here might have an idea or two. But I'd check for any visible problems with the extractor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom