Springfield Armory (Arlington Ordnance) M1 Garand T26 clone/repro.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I’ve been waiting for more than a few years to get my chance at taking this one home - and I’m finally getting my chance to.

Springfield Armory M1, converted by Arlington Ordnance into the short-lived T26/'Tanker' configuration.

This short obnoxious bastard is still in 30-06, so it should make plenty of new friends at the range… lol

I’ve been thru it, and aside from the bolt and a few other small pieces, it’s mostly date/manufacturer correct - Receiver was July ‘43 (no signs of re-weld).

I’ll still need to get a correct M1 Garand at some point, but this one has been high on my priority list since I laid eyes on it 6/7 years ago.

IMG_6696.jpeg
    IMG_6695.jpeg
    70664955632__F0C5FBB5-8DE1-431C-89B9-8692E8284E1E.jpeg
    IMG_6697.jpeg

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Should be a nice flamethrower!
    Indeed, from what I read, the original T26's weren't exactly the most pleasant due to the louder report and muzzle flash/blast and recoil - but I appreciate the more obscure guns that you just don't see pop up. And this one being in '06 instead of 308, just is another + in my book. :)

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's... gorgeous.
    It caught my eye years ago when we moved a fellow mds'er from one house to another, and I've had to have it ever since.

More than welcome to put some rounds thru it J, should be a fun experience.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Congrats! Know all too well the feeling of acquiring something you've lusted after for years. Deserves to be filmed at the range in lower light conditions as I'm certain it'll be spectacular.
    Indeed, the next thing on the agenda is finding that proper M1 Garand. I've only got 2 in the herd, never been as keen on them as a collector. But as a shooter I love 'em. They are an imperative part of a fun day at the range.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Hopefully this Dutch contract Breda goes before I get too tempted - it's a beautiful example...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yeah, that's tracking - cause the one in the shop is all BMR, low 5k s/n, beautiful shape, and Perrin has that at $1999

Busa

Jul 22, 2012
    So. MD
    Congratulations on your aquisition, sometimes a gun just has your name on it!
    I have it's twin in 7.62, also an Arlington Ordanance with a Smith brake.
    While a bit heavy, they are well balanced and I find very easy to point and shoot.
    Accurate too for a Garand, with match ammo mines shoots just under 3" groups.
    Enjoy!
    Arlington T26 1.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Took it home on saturday. Test-fired yesterday, had some 1952 Frankford Arsenal '06 on links - figured it'd be safer to use than the commercial 150gr at 2910fps.

Can confirm, report is, uh, significant - hadn't had a boom like that since that chopped Finn I got from mawkie years ago. Can't comment on flash as it was still somewhat bright out for an overcast day in SoMD.

For shyts & giggles, threw a safe door downrange and tagged that twice with the vintage '06 (just FMJ, not AP) - blew thru the lock and door on the 1st round (door being thinner where the lock was mounted), 2nd shot on the 7/8" steel door got over halfway thru before coming to a halt. So, even at 18.5" - this lil bastard still packs a thump.

Spent the rest of the day trying to fit the replacement stock, inlet has to be fine tuned (and I'm admittedly not the craftsman with stocks) - guard gets to about the lower 1/3 of the trigger before a hard stop, wasn't going to resort to a rubber mallet. So I'll work on that. Probably grab a schuster plug so I can feel safer running moderate commercial loads.

Sirex