• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I have an fnp-9, and while it's still new (360ish rounds so far), I want this to my by main gun, and I'd like for it to last years and years. So I want to buy any spare parts that should be necessary for any simple repairs, so other than recoil spring and guide rod, what should I get for it? Also, are there any good books that I should look into for more in depth maintenance on the gun?

Thanks!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No books to my knowledge. Spares should be as follows IMHO:

1 Firing Pin
    1 Firing Pin Safety Plunger and Spring
    3 Recoil Springs
    1 Recoil Rod
    3 Extractors
    3 Extractor Springs

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I've gradually been building up spare parts for my M&P. I kept all my stock parts that my Apex DCAEK replaced and I have a spare ejector, striker, and extractor.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Is there anywhere in particular that would have all these, out do I have to call fn directly for all of it?

Midway or Brownells, hey wait a minute...

Just clean the pistol after shooting it, no too much though; should last two life times at the pace you have it running. I wouldn't bother with 'stocking' any parts unless something broke. If you are really worried about possibility of no parts in the future, maybe get an extra extractor+spring if you are shooting steel casings.

You picked the right gun, great quality.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Midway or Brownells, hey wait a minute...

Just clean the pistol after shooting it, no too much though; should last two life times at the pace you have it running. I wouldn't bother with 'stocking' any parts unless something broke. If you are really worried about possibility of no parts in the future, maybe get an extra extractor+spring if you are shooting steel casings.

You picked the right gun, great quality.

It is a fantastic quality pistol, 360 rounds of bi-metal, steel, various brass, and cci aluminum cases in one range session, and not a single hiccup.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I don't have an FNP-9, but if I did, I would start by stocking parts that the troubleshooting part of the manual describes. For example, for failure to feed, in addition to checking other things, I bet the manual tells you to check the recoil spring, and if weak, replace. So I would stock that. For failure to eject, probably mentions extractor and ejector, and so on and so forth. I went through the entire troubleshooting list for my M&P9 and stocked whatever part was mentioned to replace as a potential solution for a problem except for magazine parts. I have 10 magazines and figure not all 10 will crap out at the same time. YMMV and keep in mind I am not a gunsmith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom