• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    Stopped at TSC yesterday to pick up some deer corn since the season is here and prices are pretty rough this year.....$9 and change for 40lbs and almost $12 for 50 lbs. Anyone have a source that's a little more reasonable in Charles County? I'll sometimes go to Stouffe's Feed Mill, it's an Amish place down Rt 5 but is kind of a haul and I was wondering if there was someplace closer.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Last year I stopped in at Wood's produce and mentioned something to the guy behind the cash register about deer corn. He proceeded to call his uncle and then directed me to his uncle's farm a little farther down 5 on the right hand side. Don't remember how much it was, and he didn't weigh it, just filled some sacks up until we were satisfied. But it was a ton of corn for real cheap. Also, if you make a left onto rt. 6 down by Korner Karryout (the gas station that I think is a shell station). About a mile or two down the road there'll be a sign for deer corn and they used to charge $11 for 100 lb sacks. I'll see if I can find there card and get you the number.

DEEREHUNTER

Oct 7, 2009
    corn

Check out Stoltzfus Feed Store on Route 236. South on Route 5 Right on 236 just before big sawmill on left. Reasonable prices and nice people. Open Mon thru Sat, closed Sunday at noon on Tues and at noon on Sat

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    The home on New Market Turner is the Raley family farm, they are great people and they sell corn very reasonably priced all year. There is a large white sign out front.
    Hidden valley Dr

J.R.

Jun 24, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Shopping around for Deer Corn. Source went up a couple of bucks per 50 lbs to $8.50.

Any recommendations?

Does anyone know of a place South of St. Mary's City and North of Ridge on 5. Seems like I have seen shelled corn along the road but that was sometime ago.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    It's still
    Shopping around for Deer Corn. Source went up a couple of bucks per 50 lbs to $8.50.

Any recommendations?

Does anyone know of a place South of St. Mary's City and North of Ridge on 5. Seems like I have seen shelled corn along the road but that was sometime ago.
    It's still there. South of the college on the right hand side, past Mattapany road.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Be cautious with feeding deer corn in the winter, it can lead to Rumen Acidosis. Approaching the winter months, their digestive system changes to allow for digesting bark, etc. Eating corn can mess with their digestive system and make it hard to absorb other foods. This will then dehydrate the deer and kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom