• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I know it is blasphemy with Chad - and I have never been a fan of short stroke AR’s - but this PWS will chew through absolutely anything (after years of never being able to get two different 6.5 cm’s to run reliably). The 14.5 I have in 223 is the same story - and never a bit of gas in the face!
    This is foreign to me and now I need to know.

PlumberEd

MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2020
    Taneytown
    Looking at those primers, it is over gassed and unlocking a bit early. That would be my guess. Dial down the gas a little and I bet that'll go away. The primer itself doesn't look bad. I see an ejector mark and extractor gouge on the case head, which also says overgassed to me.
    Good advice, I will try to dial the gas down. Thank you.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    This is foreign to me and now I need to know.
    Which part - Chad having a distaste generally for external pistons replacing DI, or Primary Weapons putting an AK action in the AR? If it’s the latter, one more reason to make your way down; be warned, you might end up like me with an unhealthy addiction to a proprietary system :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Which part - Chad having a distaste generally for external pistons replacing DI, or Primary Weapons putting an AK action in the AR? If it’s the latter, one more reason to make your way down; be warned, you might end up like me with an unhealthy addiction to a proprietary system :)
    The Primary Weapons design. I’ll have to read up on this.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    :thumbsup:If you shoot suppressed it is beyond a doubt light years ahead of any other AR design.
    I'd agree with this. Especially in the shortest configurations. But I am not chad so take my opinion for the LTWS place it occupies.

I like the ruger and POF stuff with cans but if I ever go back to a suppressed AR it will probably be a PWS 14.5. if I need a can, I like a bolt gun for bottlenecks and a subgun for pistol cals. Simpler all around.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd agree with this. Especially in the shortest configurations. But I am not chad so take my opinion for the LTWS place it occupies.

I like the ruger and POF stuff with cans but if I ever go back to a suppressed AR it will probably be a PWS 14.5. if I need a can, I like a bolt gun for bottlenecks and a subgun for pistol cals. Simpler all around.
    I've got all the parts for an MP5 SD build. I have an idea for a low pressure suppressor, and just have to finalize what I want to do with the barrel (and make sure my OAL is OK), then off to see KIBarrister for some bending and welding.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I've got all the parts for an MP5 SD build. I have an idea for a low pressure suppressor, and just have to finalize what I want to do with the barrel (and make sure my OAL is OK), then off to see KIBarrister for some bending and welding.
    I've run SDs. Best urban DA work tool I've seen. Settled on an mp5a2 as the SDs you are stuck with a suppressed gun and they are a PITA to clean. Original hk wear/service parts are also more expensive than non sd.

Original sd cans actually don't have that many baffles. Lightweight and huge expansion chamber around the barrel port area. If you are smart, you will machine a relief to allow a high temp viton ring or a copper gasket to "seal" the can base. Do NOT weld the can like hk does. Make it serviceable.

Make up a cleaning tool. Aluminum tubing with a solid plug pinned or welded into the top and a 1/4 hex drive or piece of hex keystock in the plug (to drive with a VSR drill). Other end sized or bushed to hold a wire battery terminal brush. Works great for carbon removal on barrel, port area, and can threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom