• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Thinking about adding a sonic cleaner to the bench. So is it as easy as just adding the cases in the tray then in 30 minutes you're done? Any other steps as heard the cases needed to be rinsed? If so, just under the tap or in a seperate bucket?

Thanks

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I rinse in a separate bucket just keep the chemical from going down the septic...and I rinse with distilled water to keep the water spotting down...(have a well)...

Depends on what your water source is....

Have had pretty good results so far.. gets primer pockets pretty clean, does not shine up the brass like a tumbler, but does get them clean...and in less time (the longest cycle on mine is 8 minutes)..

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    There are about a half a dozen threads on this subject if you care to use the search function.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You have to rinse, then dry.

I prefer a vibratory tumbler. Tumble, use a media separator (I have a small Dillon one) and you are done.

And you can even tumble loaded rounds to remove fingerprints to avoid corrosion in storage.

I just returned a new Hornady Lock-N-Load Magnum Sonic. After the first use, I found two nuts lying under it and another fastener bouncing around inside. Also, the timer was stuck at 99:00 minutes.

But it got the primer pockets clean on a load of .223 brass. That's what I bought it for, small batches that I want clean pockets on. I got tired of cleaning them one by one. I also want to use it on gun parts. I want to see how well it cleans an AR BCG that has been field stripped. A Ruger Mark III is also a dog to clean, even after you've taken it apart.

I'll have the replacement on Friday. I'll post a fuller review of it then.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I got one of these a couple of months ago and haven't had a chance to use it. Hope I have better luck. I have a tumbler but figured I might sonic clean after primers are out and wanted to be able to clean gun parts also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom