• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I got my lee press for Christmas last year. I began acquiring parts and pieces to begin my adventure almost immediately. Then SB281 started really rearing it's ugly head and my focus shifted from reloading to acquisition of other firearms. Once my wallet recovered, I then again went back to getting components. I finally found myself ready to reload 9mm, with 1lb of powder, 1k boolits, 2k sp primers, and a few thousand empty cases. I began with getting my die's set up with dummy rounds to get my COL and crimp set up. I then began to mess with my powder measurer and realized that I needed to get an adjustable bar dispenser to get the load I wanted. Ordered that and it arrived. Then the holidays began to hit so it just sat there. Was looking forward to this week as I also was expecting some Berrys .45acp lswc from a cabelas gift card that was given to me for Christmas along with an additional 4 hole turret plate so I can set up my die's and not have to mess with changing them for different calibers. Was all set to get going this week, but Saturday morning I had a pipe burst in the garage ceiling right above my reloading bench. I think I was able to salvage everything, but I now have all of my walls and ceiling with the drywall and insulation now removed.

The only bright side to all of it is that I can now wire up the additional outlet and lights really easy :)

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Were you really bad in a previous life? :D

Sorry to hear it man. What you have to do now is the complete opposite of the fun in reloading.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    Sorry you are having so many problems. Hope it all starts working out for you soon. When you rewire add some extra light if you can. Good luck to you

noylj

Jun 3, 2012
    My only comment is: why didn't you load with the measure you had? Until you load and test, you CAN'T know what charge weight you want or what will work best.
    Assuming you have a Lee Auto-Disk, I find the spacing between cavities is more than adequate for any loads I am working up and the adjustable charge bar is a total joke and not worth having, unless you are loading near the max volume it can dispense.
    You would be a LOT better off actually loading and learning.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    My only comment is: why didn't you load with the measure you had? Until you load and test, you CAN'T know what charge weight you want or what will work best.
    Assuming you have a Lee Auto-Disk, I find the spacing between cavities is more than adequate for any loads I am working up and the adjustable charge bar is a total joke and not worth having, unless you are loading near the max volume it can dispense.
    You would be a LOT better off actually loading and learning.

You are correct about the lee auto charge disks. I found that I could get minimum charge, right in the middle and max I wanted more options while working up my loads.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Another bright side is apparently you can now reload, still technically in the garage, without ever leaving the comfort of your living room!

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I disagree completely.
    In the pistol charge range and using a suitable spherical powder (Titegroup, W231/HP38, Universal), I find the adjustable charge bar to be accurate and consistent.
    DocAitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom