• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    This tickled me for some reason.
    I opened my new Lee 32 S&W dies and noticed that something was not quite right.
    It took me a few seconds until I zeroed in on the powder dipper- it is humongous.
    The size disparity is so marked that I can't believe the packer or inspector didn't pick it up.
    The dipper is 4cc, and just for S&G s I dipped some W231- 46.4 gr. which is >30 x one load for the 32 S&W.
    The pic below shows a 32 S&W long for comparison.
    DocAitch

juTCgV.jpg

zXV58R.jpg

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Not the first time I've seen that. My Lee 7.62 Nagant die set came with a dipper the size of a coffee cup. Could be if Lee doesn't spec a dipper for a particular caliber they just toss any ol' one in the box?
    :shrug:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Out of curiosity, how many people actually use the dippers that come in Lee's die sets? I never have - I'd toss them because most of the time they get in the way, or fall out and have to be put back, but I keep them because they were part of the set when I got them.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Out of curiosity, how many people actually use the dippers that come in Lee's die sets? I never have - I'd toss them because most of the time they get in the way, or fall out and have to be put back, but I keep them because they were part of the set when I got them.

Mine are laying in a drawer, I was actually just thinking about tossing them the other day when I first saw this thread.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    I have the complete graduated set plus about 10 others that have shown up in various die sets.
    I think that I have used one - the smallest, for 32 S&W Long to start before trickling.
    I can't bring myself to throw them out- who knows whether I will find a use for them?- (which may explain why I am running out of space to store stuff).
    DocAitch

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    i bought one of the lee single stage kits that includes the powder dispenser, zip trim, etc. Only thing I needed really was a set of dies, which were Lee dies. Before I even reloaded my first round, I realized that this "dipper" was probably a bad idea.

I am fairly happy with the Lee Perfect Powder measure. Throws H4895 pretty damn consistently.

noylj

Jun 3, 2012
    I am sure that Lee would be happy to send you the right dipper...
    The only complaint I ever had with the dippers is the three smallest dippers represent too large a jump in charge volume. I wish they had a dipper mid-way between each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom