• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    SoMD MDS Fishermen and Oyster enthusiasts.

The Coastal Conservation Association SoMD Chapter aka CCA SoMD is having a banquet fundraising event the Calvert Marine Museum, (CMM) to kick off the rebirth of this chapter. CCA SoMD and the local community helped plant over 12 million oysters on numerous reefs in the Patuxent watershed in the past and hope to do more of the same in the future. Today these conservation efforts include engaging local 5th grade students in the creation and deployment of “reef balls” in local waters, obtaining permits and coordinating community hands on support to establishing new and expanding existing oyster reefs. The CCA SoMD chapter also supports CCA’s state and national organization to ensure Maryland anglers interests are also represented in fishery conservation meetings at the state and national legislative levels.

Since all this takes funding, I hope Calvert, St. Mary’s, and Charles County MDS members will consider lending your support to build on these past successes by contributing or buying a ticket to attend the CCA SoMD Celebration of Conservation Banquet on 2/24 at the Calvert Marine Museum. There will be food, oysters, open bar, raffles, auctions, and free-run of the museum. I’ve included the Banquet flyer below or you can click on the link here:

https://e.givesmart.com/events/Avf/

To learn more, PM me or post comments and I’ll get back to you.

Attachments

• SOMD 2024 Flier 8.5x11.pdf
      367.8 KB · Views: 57

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    My thanks to all the folks that bought tickets. This event is now sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom