• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I mostly prefer Nike Dri-fit socks. I only buy the good ones that are cut to left and right foot specific. Not cheap but they usually last at least a couple years and offer decent padding and breathability. Don’t buy the cheap ones that come in the 6-packs. I also like the higher end Under Armour ones for comfort but they don’t last as long.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    REI has a 26% off sale on their 80% Merino mid weight wool crew socks. I think you have to check the "Deals" box to get to the lower price option.

I love those socks.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    If they don't shrink in the first washing, how do they start shrinking after 6 months? Did you change laundering methods, like switching the water or dryer from low heat to high?
    No, that's what is really strange about them. Warm wash and low dryer heat, every time. I have a pair of the runners cut (or whatever they call it) that wont reliably stay on my heel now because it is significantly shorter in length than it started life.
    REI has a 26% off sale on their 80% Merino mid weight wool crew socks. I think you have to check the "Deals" box to get to the lower price option.

I love those socks.
    Thanks for the heads up, I need a few pairs that I can throw in my truck kit and forget about.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have about 10 pair of compression crew-height socks from https://www.ameswalker.com which I love. They come in different compression strengths and I use the middle strength ones. My feet swell if I’m up and around on them a lot during the day and in addition to helping with swelling, they are thickly padded and comfy.

Bonus points for being made in the USA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom