So I need a new compensator/flash hider.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigpapa1080

They call me Horseface
    Alright so I plan on shooting some coyotes this fall with my AR, the downside is I put a Smith Enterprises comp on it when I built it. Needless to say it is horribly loud and just unpleasant to shoot in general (although it is fun antagonizing others sometimes). What I would like is a similar compensator/flash hider that doesn't A) beat the shit out of my eardrums, and B) beat the shit out of my fellow shooters with the muzzle blast. I hear good things about the Noveske except it makes recoil a bit harsh for an AR. I've also heard good things about the BattleComp, but I'm yet to see either one in person. I'd like something a bit different than the typical A2 style, since everyone has one. I was thinking maybe the YHM Phantom comp/flash hider or an Advanced Armament Blackout 18T since it would allow me to suppress it later without having to purchase another muzzle device. My barrel has the usual 1/2x28 TPI threading. Recommendations are appreciated. Thanks again folks.

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    Unless you have an aac suppressor already that uses the 18t mount, i think you would be better off getting the 51t mount as most their suppressors use that mount these days. Or whatever the newest configuration mount is as the supressor would most likely use that one.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I run a Battlecomp on one of my builds and it's as good as advertised.

Battlecomp is good stuff, so I read. :)

Nice avatar, did you know...

1248350615923.jpg

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Spikes Dynacomp or Battlecomp if you want recoil reduction without a LOUD bark.

The dynacomp i didnt feel to be as effective as my fsc556. We put a dynacomp on my gf's 16" mid. I have a 14.5 mid. The dyna flashes like hell is coming out of the barrel. However it doesnt beat your brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom