So I found a guy that supposedly has Spikes tactical rifles in stock......

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    I need opinions here guys! He said that the specific rifle I'm inquiring about is waiting for a VLTOR butt stock to come off of backorder with an estimated rifle ship date of about 30 days. He has said that I can put $500 down to secure the rifle until the build is complete and pay the remaining balance and have the rifle shipped to my FFL of choice (Clydes). I am mildly sketched out about paying with a credit card or check to a guy in Florida. I cant seem to find any reviews for his business anywhere.

The website for his "company" is www.dangerclosemfg.com and the fact that the prices for items in your cart are NOT in US currency and the fact that nothing on the website seems to work sketches me out. He posted some self promotion in a thread on Spikes tactical's forum located here... http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1854

In his emails it has the following in the signature......

DANGER CLOSE MFG
    1508 Industrial Drive
    New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
    Phone: 386-566-8229
    Fax: 386-314-0587
    FFL 07/02

Guys name is Jay Mills.

I just want other opinions of what you guys would do in this situation. I am on the hunt for an optics ready flat top rifle chambered in 5.56 and the idea of someone having one in stock is extremely enticing to me but I also don't want to get screwed over. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole. Site is too crappy and the non-US currency is bad mojo.

And i've looked high and low and can't seem to find a single review for this guy. I think most of the allure was that he had Spikes rifles in stock. I love my current Spikes rifle and was on the hunt for a second. I don't know of anyone in MD that stocks them though.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    In the last 10 days Joebobs has had Spikes Uppers and lowers in stock. You too can build your own, or buy the Parts and take it to a local shop, they will put it together for you for a minimal fee. Whoever this guy is, he is either going to rip you off or at the very least throw a spikes together and overcharge you for the parts. (Again ripping you off).

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    I'm not buying anything from this guy lol. Especially after seeing some Spikes rifles on Gunbroker at decent prices.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    nose.gif

qy5zgzycoq7522q9.png

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Maybe He is just fooling you on the price.

1400 Pounds is not the same as 1400 U.S Dollars.

After the converted from pounds to dollars it will be much higher then 1400 US dollars

This guy is out to screw you over.

Just buy a lower today and build one after the market comes back down for the rest of the parts.

There are several people here that would love to help you build one.

Just my .02

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    My existing Spikes tactical has been EXTREMELY impressive to me. Over 1000 rounds so far and not a single FTF/FTE. I love everything about this gun. I'm kind of partial to this brand at the moment but ordering a Spikes lower comes with a 8-12 month back order right now. :/ Maybe I'd consider more brands by actually going out and putting my hands on them.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Well the guy hasn't made a single attempt to contact me to try to push the sale like any good salesman should do. So I guess that answers that question with some certainty lol.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    You were talking about the wait on Spikes lowers being several months. Gun Connection has several in stock at the moment for 200-225$ right now. I cant remember the exact price but I sent 2 to MSP purgatory last week and he still had several available.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    You were talking about the wait on Spikes lowers being several months. Gun Connection has several in stock at the moment for 200-225$ right now. I cant remember the exact price but I sent 2 to MSP purgatory last week and he still had several available.

Thanks for that info! I am going to give them a call tomorrow! :party29:

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Only had a few Spikes lowers today when I stopped in. Picked one up for myself along with a S&W M&P 40 lol. C'mon 90 days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom