• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I want to buy a "precision" type of upper, and I was thinking about selling my Bushmaster HBAR upper to fund it since I haven't been able to find a trade.

Are uppers selling as well as the complete AR's are right now?

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    All AR products are in high demand. I would say complete rifles and stripped lowers are selling a bit faster than uppers but for each lower that is sold, it will soon need an upper. Most of the major online retailers are sold out of uppers, and all AR products for that matter.

You shouldn't have a problem selling your upper, but be sure you can get what you want first. Or just wait it out.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Yep. Uppers, lowers, stocks and parts kits. Everything is disappearing. I ordered a MK12 SPR upper and I'm on a waiting list and they have to wait on barrels. Good luck in your search.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    nah, the market's all but ****-up at this point. nobody's trying to buy anything ar-15 related these days. surplus parts EVERYWHERE, dealers can't pay people to take them out of inventory.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I was more so wondering if the uppers are "price-gouged" locally, or is it more so the lowers?

I saw the stripped lowers at insane prices, but I was guessing since they are the actual part that is considered the firearm then that is what people will be stocking up on.

EGM

May 2, 2009
    AA County
    I think you would have a better chance of finding a precision upper in a caliber other than .223. I've been looking for a BCM upper and they've been cleaned out for a long time.

rnish

May 24, 2012
    I'm in Florida for a few days....stopped in a few gun stores just to see. 30 rnd Pmag $79.00 5.56 ammo is $24.00 for 20 rnds

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom