• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Cool. Always wanted one but I hear they are a pain.

If you love sending a lot of lead down range, then cap and ball revolvers can be frustrating. But for those nostalgic, it is worth it to spend time to reload and even having to clean it after four or five cylinders.
    However, there are tools to make reloading faster and easier, and then there there is pre-loaded paper cartridges to speed things up immensely.

Also, you can have extra cylinders already loaded, or for the price of four spare cylinders, you can buy the cartridge conversion and shoot low power smokeless loads.

They are definitely fun and back in the days they were very cheap, they were worth it just to dick around with to see if it is something you like, but nowadays they are as much as real guns. However, the quality has improved right along with the price though.
    If you get one and you want something that will hold value, is built like a friggen tank, and can take powerful loads, I hear the Ruger is the shit. Worth the extra few hundred bucks from what I hear.

I don't shoot BP out of mine anymore, but one of my favorite guns to shoot is the C&B revolver with the .45LC conversion cylinder in it. IMO it was worth every penny I paid for it and I have probably shot over a thousand or two rounds through it.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Your Walker was fun to shoot, but that loading lever falling down was kinda a bother.
    I want a Walker, a Le Matt, a short barrel, buffalo barrel, and a pocket model.

You would think 160 years AFTER the fact they would have fixed that same pain in the ass problem of the most powerful BP revolver ever made! I guess they wanted the originality. :D

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    You would think 160 years AFTER the fact they would have fixed that same pain in the ass problem of the most powerful BP revolver ever made! I guess they wanted the originality. :D

The 1858 Remington is the most powerful BP revolver ever made.

Damn, you didn't take the bait. :o

The most powerful BP revolver in the world and my favorite picture to post on this board:

Attachments

• z revolver.jpg
      z revolver.jpg
      36.9 KB · Views: 151

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Between OX yoke wonder wads and 777 BP substitute, shooting a smoke pole has never been easier. I can shoot about 100 rounds before it gums up bad enough to need cleaning, and then, just brushing the face of the cylinder gets it back up and running without a hitch. To clean it simply strip it, and lightly scrub under hot water, brush the barrel and cylinder out, and run under the tap, then wipe the fouling out around the hand and under the hammer with a wet q-tip, using a wooden toothpic if any fouling is sttubborn. Grease the cylinder pin, and oil everything, and you are done. Total time is about 10 minutes compared to 30-60 after using Goex and grease where you have to clean it after 30-50 shots.

I love to shoot my Walker or 1860 army in a nice slow day at the range. Just like a 22, they are relatively cheap to shoot, and between the sloooowwww lock time, and weight, they can help you become a better shooter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom