• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    I am looking to put a sling on my Mossberg 500 with 18.5 barrel. The stock has an eyelet for a swivel and at the front I have seen some replacement magazine caps that have an eye on the end to accept a swivel. Anyone have experience with these replacement caps? I am concerned that by using that as an attachment point you could bugger the the threads or the magazine tube. Any input appreciated.

WGS

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I am looking to put a sling on my Mossberg 500 with 18.5 barrel. The stock has an eyelet for a swivel and at the front I have seen some replacement magazine caps that have an eye on the end to accept a swivel. Anyone have experience with these replacement caps? I am concerned that by using that as an attachment point you could bugger the the threads or the magazine tube. Any input appreciated.

WGS

not mossberg but i have one on remington 870. the eyelet is free rotation (can be rotated any angle).. its not going to screw up the thread.. :D:thumbsup:

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    My 500 Persuader came with one from the factory so I would assume you could order one direct from Mossberg if you're concerned about aftermarket.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Sure you don't have a tapped hole in the bottom of the ring?

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    The magazine cap does have a tapped hole on the end but it is pretty small. I worry about how rugged it would be. I guess I could try a Uncle Mikes or similar threaded eyelet.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    If you have an old skool mossberg, get a sling that wraps around the barrel and the butt.

They're relatively cheap at wal-mart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom