• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Been a longtime lurker to this post. I finally modified my eaa zastava single stack AK that sat in the safe for a long time to double stack. I got lucky and it fed just fine along the single stack bolt.

Canis slant cut buffer tube adapter just came today, and stopped by bass pro to grab an ak pistol grip. Looks and handles miles better than the thumbhole stock. I'm a happy camper.
    e2fde6f0dd5302af8bb5b15040753c55.jpg
    db5cca75a9292556c69c294fd8a0936e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk
    That looks fantastic!!! Did yours come with a double stack bolt? Mine did not. I also had to create a feed-ramp, as mine had a 90° shoulder. It kept catching and defacing my bullets. I ended up getting a Polish double stack bolt, and I filed it down and nitrated it. It finally head spaced and fed 100%. She’s a shooter now
    IMG_9679.jpeg

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    That looks fantastic!!! Did yours come with a double stack bolt? Mine did not. I also had to create a feed-ramp, as mine had a 90° shoulder. It kept catching and defacing my bullets. I ended up getting a Polish double stack bolt, and I filed it down and nitrated it. It finally head spaced and fed 100%. She’s a shooter now
    View attachment 458342
    It did not come with a double stack bolt. I figured I was going to worry about later after I took a dremel to the receiver and the trunnion to get it to fit double stack magazines. It fits magpul magazines quite nicely, and it turns out it stripped rounds just fine. I must have gotten lucky with the tolerancing.

Myns also did not have any semblance of feed ramps on it, but it stripped and chambered spire point steel cased ammo just fine. I also run reduced cast reloads on my mini 30 and sks', but this AK was catching on those rounds. I grinded a slight bevel on the 90 degree shoulder and it mostly dry feeds casts, but the first round needs to be smacked into battery as it seizes a bit slightly in the chamber.

I took it to the range, and it ran flawlessly on both steel cased factory ammo and cast handloads. I think I just need to seat my cast handloads deeper, or put a slight crimp on the rounds, but nevertheless, cycles just fine when firing.

Last edited:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    It did not come with a double stack bolt. I figured I was going to worry about later after I took a dremel to the receiver and the trunnion to get it to fit double stack magazines. It fits magpul magazines quite nicely, and it turns out it stripped rounds just fine. I must have gotten lucky with the tolerancing.

Myns also did not have any semblance of feed ramps on it, but it stripped and chambered spire point steel cased ammo just fine. I also run reduced cast reloads on my mini 30 and sks', but this AK was catching on those rounds. I grinded a slight bevel on the 90 degree shoulder and it mostly dry feeds casts, but the first round needs to be smacked into battery as it seizes a bit slightly in the chamber.

I took it to the range, and it ran flawlessly on both steel cased factory ammo and cast handloads. I think I just need to seat my cast handloads deeper, or put a slight crimp on the rounds, but nevertheless, cycles just fine when firing.
    Yep, I had to dremmel the crap outta’ mine as well. I must’ve done a good job, because it’ll feed anything now. The bolt can be bought at Apex, I believe.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Yep, I had to dremmel the crap outta’ mine as well. I must’ve done a good job, because it’ll feed anything now. The bolt can be bought at Apex, I believe.
    That's not a bad price. I will definitely keep it in mind, but it runs just fine on the original bolt (for now). I think the biggest challenge is finding someone to headspace it as I heard that requires the barrel to be press fitted to the head spacing.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    That's not a bad price. I will definitely keep it in mind, but it runs just fine on the original bolt (for now). I think the biggest challenge is finding someone to headspace it as I heard that requires the barrel to be press fitted to the head spacing.

I’d love to be able to get a hold of one of the new ZPAP’s. It’s supposed to be really good! Chrome lined, cold hammer forged barrels, and available in a bunch of different configurations

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom