• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Interesting article, might have to try it. Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I've been cleaning my SS suppressor parts (baffles, pistons, etc..) in my wet tumbler for about a year now. Works great. Before I put the suppressor back together after its been cleaned I apply a thin coat of Fireclean to the parts. Makes disassembly and cleaning the next time a little easier. Gonna try the silicone oil treatment next time.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The water left over from wet tumbling is not any easier to dispose of properly than "the dip." Both are lead contaminated liquids.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    OCD much? Even the manufacturer states that the components will "never be clean again" after you first shoot a rimfire can. Clean it as best you can with what you got in order to prevent fusing the parts and holes so you don't get a baffle strike. The sound dampening ability will not be significantly hindered. At least not so much that your ear can detect it. Who's got time to soak their parts and tumble for hours/days, then bake them and soak them again? I love when he says at the end, "crazy simple!" Lol. Not. Ain't nobody got time fo dat! My Gemtech Outback II-D runs fine after 9-10 years of not giving even half the attention this dude gives. Just clean after every range trip and you're good to go :p

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I've been cleaning my SS suppressor parts (baffles, pistons, etc..) in my wet tumbler for about a year now. Works great. Before I put the suppressor back together after its been cleaned I apply a thin coat of Fireclean to the parts. Makes disassembly and cleaning the next time a little easier. Gonna try the silicone oil treatment next time.

I'm going to try this, as well. In the past, I used "the dip", but getting rid of the resulting toxic waste (lead acetate) is a pain. Last year I switched to wet tumble, so I already have the stuff to do it. I only pull my suppressor apart for ~ once a year for a real clean (usually, I only pull the baffles out and knock off the big chunks off after every few outings.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom