• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    Looking into getting one as my first 1911/.45, anyone here have one? Thoughts? Likes? Dislikes?

Anyone local to MoCo have one I can try at a range? :)

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Here we go, the Sig 1911 haters will be along soon, I work at a shop that sells more Sig 1911s than any other, never once has anyone complained about them. I like the external extractor and if you recall JMB later design which he considered and update the Hi-power has an external extractor.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I have one and love it, never had any issues with it. I bought the full size with non threaded barrel and added a factory Sig threaded barrel, runs great with my Cobra M2

krztov

Jan 4, 2012
    Silver Spring
    I have one and love it, never had any issues with it. I bought the full size with non threaded barrel and added a factory Sig threaded barrel, runs great with my Cobra M2

How much/ where did you get threaded barrel? Couldn't find it, engage has a normal full size but figured worst case I buy and swap barrel

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    The only problem I've had with my 1911 scorpion is that the two factory mags seem to be crap. Almost everytime the slide will not catch after the last round with the factory mags. All my other mags function perfect. I called sig about it and they wanted me to return the gun and magizens. The rep told me it could be up to a 6 week turn around. I asked him what I was suppose to shoot in the mean time. He then said go buy another gun. I told him that I would, and that it would be another Smith & Wesson M&P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom