Sig P365 - Which Model Are You Carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    What holsters are you using for the P365? I have a leather one and like the 3:00 position for walking, and sitting. But the grip is wearing out my side from walking and moving and I need to have leather to cover that part, or something. It's a good grip, but feels like sand paper on my side carrying it.
    I'm serious when I say get the Urban carry OWB lock leather holster. Absolutely great holster.

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    thumbnail-jpg.381428

I'm serious when I say get the Urban carry OWB lock leather holster. Absolutely great holster.
    This is what I use....

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I did some reading last evening and it seems they call it pistol grip rash. Guys wear a wife beater Tee or an UA shirt as an undershirt to protect from the grip. A couple stated using these rubber grips prevented it also.

Anyone used the Talon grips?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    You're an archer right... many use grip tape on their grips, I prefer a bare grip and let my hand slide to the top of the grip on a hot/sweaty day, but... take a wrap of that grip tape and put it around the butt of your grip. One single layer will ease your pain and not sacrifice any of the tactile feel of the grip, other than tame the stipple a bit. I do this now that it's warm and a t shirt and shorts will be the order of business for months to follow. ;)

70200779675__B75A1306-82A5-4257-A8F5-E2AEF45F8F09.jpg

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    You're an archer right... many use grip tape on their grips, I prefer a bare grip and let my hand slide to the top of the grip on a hot/sweaty day, but... take a wrap of that grip tape and put it around the butt of your grip. One single layer will ease your pain and not sacrifice any of the tactile feel of the grip, other than tame the stipple a bit. I do this now that it's warm and a t shirt and shorts will be the order of business for months to follow. ;)

View attachment 408832
    Did you replace the mag release? Is it shortened so it does not poke you in the hand while trying to drop the mag? That is my one complaint. Pressing the mag release, I end up fighting against myself because the mag release it poking my hand on the other side of the grip.

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia
    What holsters are you using for the P365? I have a leather one and like the 3:00 position for walking, and sitting. But the grip is wearing out my side from walking and moving and I need to have leather to cover that part, or something. It's a good grip, but feels like sand paper on my side carrying it.
    What I did was take some fine grit sandpaper and lightly sanded the side of the grip that is up against my skin (I'm right handed so the left side of the grip). Don't go too aggressive, you want to have enough grip for sweaty hands, but you do want to take the edge off. Now it is very comfortable and still has a very positive grip at the range.

I recently bought a 2nd P365 (I'll alternate which is in my holster and which is in my range bag), right now the new one is my range gun until enough rounds are put through it for me to rely on it. This post reminds me, I do need to do the sandpaper treatment to that before I start carrying it.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Loving the Tenicor Certum 3 carried at about 3:30 so far over other holsters I’ve tried. Thanks for the recommendation from Blaster229 and the good Dr.

I’ve had it for awhile but just started using is over the past week or two with my P365x all stock.

Now for the dumb question. What brand tape are you guys using? I never played baseball or hockey and when I’ve been to a few stores I’m not really sure what I’m looking for.

I want what looks like thin cotton or poly tape that is sort of wide I guess and not aggressive. Seems like that would give some grip while preventing chafing on my side. I got some lacrosse tape that might work but looking for other options. I don’t want smooth or rubber.

Yeah I know, wear an undershirt but when it’s hot out it’s pretty much shorts and an untucked baggy tshirt.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Loving the Tenicor Certum 3 carried at about 3:30 so far over other holsters I’ve tried. Thanks for the recommendation from Blaster229 and the good Dr.

I’ve had it for awhile but just started using is over the past week or two with my P365x all stock.

Now for the dumb question. What brand tape are you guys using? I never played baseball or hockey and when I’ve been to a few stores I’m not really sure what I’m looking for.

I want what looks like thin cotton or poly tape that is sort of wide I guess and not aggressive. Seems like that would give some grip while preventing chafing on my side. I got some lacrosse tape that might work but looking for other options. I don’t want smooth or rubber.

Yeah I know, wear an undershirt but when it’s hot out it’s pretty much shorts and an untucked baggy tshirt.
    I have Goon Tape. I have some buddies who use Camo Form. Any cloth tape really. I use that shit on everything.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I have Goon Tape. I have some buddies who use Camo Form. Any cloth tape really. I use that shit on everything.

Cool thanks. After I posted I stopped at play it again sports and got some non stretch cloth goalie tape which is the wider version they sell. Made by Renfrew. I’m going to try it out. Looks very similar to Goon Tape.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'll second this ^^^.

I have one for my CZ Rami, and it's the rabbit's pajamas. I've been using an IWB tuckable of late, but now that it's Hawaiian shirt weather, I can go back to pancake.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Did you replace the mag release? Is it shortened so it does not poke you in the hand while trying to drop the mag? That is my one complaint. Pressing the mag release, I end up fighting against myself because the mag release it poking my hand on the other side of the grip.
    I did, but it was replaced with a stock Sig mag release, just a different color one. I have no issues with the grip and mag release, my hand doesn't ride that high on the off side and it works fine for me.

2ndCharter

Based dude w/ lovin' hands
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 19, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Very nice. Did you cook that up in the kitchen? :rolleyes:
    Ha. No. I just got it Thursday though.
    You know you can stagger the clips in order to get a forward cant if you prefer.
    4449e95a8871ab57754c39f2fd065aee.jpg
    Ugh, bought the wrong holster. I've got the Velo4. Here's what I've learned so far about Tenicor. I love/hate the clips. I'll never worry about the holster getting out of position of falling off my belt. The bad news is, I struggle getting it off my belt (using any belt).

When I'm going to be in the office for awhile, I like to remove my holster. I'm going to have to Dremel off those retaining fins.

I bought two other holsters; a Alien Gear Shapeshifter and an AIWB from Crossbreed. The Shapeshifter is junk. Way too bulky, way too much plastic and at maximum retention, the gun will fall out. It's going back.

The Crossbreed I haven't tried to use yet. I used to use one of the SuperTucks with my Kimber at 4 o'clock. With my frozen shoulder, I have to go appendix until I'm 100%.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ha. No. I just got it Thursday though.

Ugh, bought the wrong holster. I've got the Velo4. Here's what I've learned so far about Tenicor. I love/hate the clips. I'll never worry about the holster getting out of position of falling off my belt. The bad news is, I struggle getting it off my belt (using any belt).

When I'm going to be in the office for awhile, I like to remove my holster. I'm going to have to Dremel off those retaining fins.

I bought two other holsters; a Alien Gear Shapeshifter and an AIWB from Crossbreed. The Shapeshifter is junk. Way too bulky, way too much plastic and at maximum retention, the gun will fall out. It's going back.

The Crossbreed I haven't tried to use yet. I used to use one of the SuperTucks with my Kimber at 4 o'clock. With my frozen shoulder, I have to go appendix until I'm 100%.
    I simply use 2 fingers. pry the clip out and lift up. Not an issue. But, I don't have Nancy hands either........ :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom