Sig P365 - Which Model Are You Carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    The slides and grips are mostly interchangeable on the 365 line you should be able to but a new grip module and swap the FCU over.

It’s only about $80 for the grip module. Then if you just need the new slide with the comp built in.

Yep, I know but then I can’t shoot both at the same time. If you’re gonna do it, go all in, right? This is a perfect excuse to buy another gun, it takes way too long to swap the FCU, right?

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    I just picked up a xmacro grip, I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm waiting on a holster and I'll start carrying with it. Worst part is needing to mags and holsters. Maybe I'll try to sell some of my XL mags to offset some of the cost.

Over the weekend I shot a XL slide on a xmacro grip side by side with a full xmacro. I really don't think that comp is worth it. I could barely tell there was a difference and I doubt I could shoot one any better than the other.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Finally got to shoot the 365 macro with the Icarus grip tonight. Already had the EPS on it. This was 50 rounds at 12 yards on a 12x18 target. 450 rounds total so far. I might shoot at Delta on the 26th to see how it is on the move. I’m thinking I might pick up a 10 round grip for summer. So far I am happy with it. My son picked one up too for his personal carry.

Attachments

• 08E53A11-3681-4FD6-B9DF-54F4992D6DC7.jpeg
      08E53A11-3681-4FD6-B9DF-54F4992D6DC7.jpeg
      355.3 KB · Views: 66

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    P365 XL Romeo Zero, It has the taller 1/3 cowitness sights already and the optic is decent, you don't lose the rear irons wight the optic.
    Reg P365, my bottom 2 fingers had no where to go, fired 3 rounds and said no thanks. The X had the grip w/flush mag that felt good with all fingers in contact, and the XL slide is only .6" longer and didn't really impair more to me with carrying.
    The XL Romeo Zero was $180 more than XL but the taller sights xray from Sig are $105 and that makes the optic "cost" $75 and it's at least worth that.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I wish they would make a Sig 365 with a 20 rd mag and a long slide like a 17L. Weight, capacity and printing, all would add up to the ideal CCW piece….
    They are getting closer. They just announced a 17 round magazine and if Magguts works their magic that should put it to 19 or 20. Now all you need is a longslide.

Link to mag:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Correct, Vedder Light Tuck. That style seems to work the best for me, usually around 4:00. Aside from being previously (:tap:) Blaster approved, what really sets the Vedder apart for me is the sweat guard going all the way up to the end of the slide. Obviously, that's pretty important to my moist body :o. A lot of the other brands leave the last little bit of slide exposed. I guess that might be done for optic clearance, but keeping my grossness off of the metal parts is a priority for me.

My Vedder Light Tuck showed up today! Compared to the junk I tried before, this thing is downright orgasmic!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My Vedder Light Tuck showed up today! Compared to the junk I tried before, this thing is downright orgasmic!
    Everything is orgasmic but the price. I've found other holsters just as comfortable but they weren't Blaster approved(and not tuckable, which I really didn't need). I ended up with the Vedder Light Tuck. It took over a month to get here.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Everything is orgasmic but the price. I've found other holsters just as comfortable but they weren't Blaster approved(and not tuckable, which I really didn't need). I ended up with the Vedder Light Tuck. It took over a month to get here.
    I have...more Vedder holsters than I should probably like to admit (especially considering the price) :o. My ordering experience has led me to the suspicion that they (understandably) do continuous runs of the popular stuff, like P365's, G43x's, etc so that they have stock on hand to be shipped out right away. Those, I have gotten pretty quickly. LCP and P365 with a light took a good bit longer (maybe a month), which makes me believe that they do not have a pile of those laying around and have to make them as needed.

Other than jumping out of my pants in that one freak accident, I have no complaints about my Vedder light tuck(s). The plain P365 one has been logging a lot of miles, in and out (and under) cars, trucks, and tractors and seems to be holding up just fine. I did put another turn or so on the retention screw the other day, but that seems like general maintenance.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Question for the brain trust. I went to Cindy's to rent their compact and subcompact 9mm's. Among other things I shot the 365x and the 365xmacro, both of which I liked. I liked the size of the X, for a potential carry gun, but I struggled to get my support hand onto the grip, as my dominant hand wrapped so far around the grip. So my question is, will a fatter grip module like the WC provide a significant amount more real estate for support hand grip? Additionally, if its a technique or skill issue, I'd be glad to here suggestions.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    If you are looking for Macro mags X-ring in Newark Delaware has 21 of them still in stock. I picked up 4 of them on my way through today.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Here’s my original vanilla P365 (with a Romeo-friendly slide) posing in Full Gangsta Mode with the new 17-round Sig mag that followed me home from WV.

That will replace the 12-round backup mag I usually carry as a backup (generally, a 10-rounder in the pistol).

EEECDE91-73F8-414B-8A9F-3CBC0727C7F3.jpeg

Last edited:

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Current is Sig P320 subcompact.
    Bought a P365 before we moved from NC but haven't had the chance to take it to the range yet.
    I use a Clinger Stingray for the 320.
    Picked up a We The People for the 365.
    674173d34b6ba3b3d7945df155cb9f62.jpg
    37fe878986635379cdeb8a71b92529c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Current is Sig P320 subcompact.
    Bought a P365 before we moved from NC but haven't had the chance to take it to the range yet.
    I use a Clinger Stingray for the 320.
    Picked up a We The People for the 365.
    37fe878986635379cdeb8a71b92529c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Damn man, you eat a whole sleeve of ritz crackers, dry mouth over the keyboard before posting? :D That thing almost needs a garden hose to clean it.

I went into Shuppies Gun Shop in Clear spring and he had a P365, used, for sale for $400. Guy bought it this winter, shot two mags through it, tried his buddies gun and decided to trade it back in for the same model as his buddies. So I bought it and now waiting for my Not Disapproved email!

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Damn man, you eat a whole sleeve of ritz crackers, dry mouth over the keyboard before posting? :D That thing almost needs a garden hose to clean it.

I went into Shuppies Gun Shop in Clear spring and he had a P365, used, for sale for $400. Guy bought it this winter, shot two mags through it, tried his buddies gun and decided to trade it back in for the same model as his buddies. So I bought it and now waiting for my Not Disapproved email!
    I'm not OCD enough to dust off my keyboard even once a month. ;)

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    What holsters are you using for the P365? I have a leather one and like the 3:00 position for walking, and sitting. But the grip is wearing out my side from walking and moving and I need to have leather to cover that part, or something. It's a good grip, but feels like sand paper on my side carrying it.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    What holsters are you using for the P365? I have a leather one and like the 3:00 position for walking, and sitting. But the grip is wearing out my side from walking and moving and I need to have leather to cover that part, or something. It's a good grip, but feels like sand paper on my side carrying it.
    I have holsters that shield the slide, or not, but nothing that shields the entire grip.

A piece of #200 grit sandpaper can be used to very lightly smooth the rough part. Very lightly sand it, wipe with damp cloth and the repair is invisible. Worked well for mine where the back-right corner of the grip with digging into my palm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom