Sig P365 - Which Model Are You Carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Heard there is a Sig P366 variant so we are protected during the 2024 leap year. There was no P366 in 2020 and COVID happened.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    P365. Opted for that over the X because I can carry it with a 12 round mag and have the same grip (almost), yet use the 10 round flush mag and have the shorter grip.

When I held the XL I liked the extra sight length but felt it would be harder to conceal which is the main goal.

On top of all of this I can always put the grip module in an X or XL with a good excuse to buy something else.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    XL with a Wilson Combat grip, RomeoZero RDS and 12 rnd magazines. Pretty vanilla but it’s mine.

md77

Aug 17, 2022
    MoCo
    SAS with 12-round mags and MagGuts internals, so 14 rounds +1. Factory grip mod with Hogue grip sleeve and TLR-6.

Last edited:

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Alternating a P365 with a P365X. I like the shorter slides better and there's not much difference in grip length if you use a pinky mag in the P365. I have the longer XL slide with an optic on it for a range toy, but no plans to carry the XL length and probably not the optic either.

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    365XL for me. Might get a regular 365 for summer carry but I'll wait and see. Carried the XL this past summer and it was pretty good.

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    365x but with a regular 365 Wilson Combat grip module. Prefer the smaller size but wanted the optic cut slide.

Attachments

• 7311121B-4357-4084-A27C-C5F071044AC5.jpeg
      7311121B-4357-4084-A27C-C5F071044AC5.jpeg
      464.5 KB · Views: 172

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Plain ol' original P365, because I am not Fancy. If I get to feeling all downtown, I carry the 12-round mag, 10 as the spare. Swap that around if I want the thing to be more demure under a less forgiving shirt.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    In the market for a P365X and will carry it in attempt to alleviate the Glock hump in my hand! Unless my niece likes it, then she can carry it and I'll be back to humpin. No optic, @ 20' ish I don't think I even use the sights, at least not with the Glock grip angle.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    P365. Opted for that over the X because I can carry it with a 12 round mag and have the same grip (almost), yet use the 10 round flush mag and have the shorter grip.

When I held the XL I liked the extra sight length but felt it would be harder to conceal which is the main goal.

On top of all of this I can always put the grip module in an X or XL with a good excuse to buy something else.
    This

Chaim

Aug 10, 2008
    Columbia

That was my thinking. I can use the 10 round flush mag when I want more concealment, the rest of the time I can still carry the 12 round mags with the same grip as the X. It makes it more versatile.

As for the different grip modules, that was part of my thinking when I picked this over the Glock 43X. However, once I started shopping them, I decided against it. It seems to me, that with SIG pricing them "close enough" to the price of a full gun, I'd rather get the P365X or XL, or a Glock 43X or 48 in addition to the P365 for when I want the longer grip and the extended mag isn't quite enough without the added inconvenience of having to convert them each time I want the other configuration (especially useful on a range trip).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom