• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atrizu

Hypnotoad
    Jan 1, 2011
    PG
    Anyone know of a range that has a P365 SAS for rent? It's definitely one I would want to try before buying.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Find an outdoor range near NVA and I’ll bring my normal p365 out. It really needs to be shot.

Not sure the differences between the SAS model other than sights.

The p365 is a good gun feels great but i still grab for my g43/26 over it just because.

Not sure why but that’s how it goes.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    LOL. No, the take down is not a lever, instead of a lever it is a screw head that requires a tool, eliminating something to snag.
    Also no front sight and surfaces have been smoothed and rounded to reduce the chance of snagging.

Made for concealed carry and drawing from concealment.
    Link to Sig video on the P 365 SAS:

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Silver eagle group on Ashburn VA has it. I gotta call them to see if they have the equalizer for rent yet, so I'll double check that SAS is still in the case.

They also have all the p365 Icarus frame modules to try. I'm glad i tried them, didn't like them at all.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    The thing that needs to be understood about the SAS sights are that you are going to suck at them the first time.

It's hard to judge if you like the sights with 50 rounds at a range.

It took me several hundred rounds before I started getting good with it. I was ready to throw it away after the first 50 rounds.

Now I love it. I am good with it. I am fast with it. I am accurate with it (accurate within specs of the gun. It's sold as a 7 yard gun, not a sniper weapon)

Even then I am not making half inch groupings. With rapid fire after running (to get my heart rate up to mimick a pressure situation) I am making 4 to 8 inch groupings. But that is good enough for the gun's purpose.

Once I got used to the sights I found that the SAS sight was better for follow up shots and getting the gun back on target after recoil.

Slow fire in controled conditions I can hit paper at 25 yards with it. At 7 yards I can make smaller 2 to 3 inches groups. But you are extremely unlikely to be in a defensive situation at 25 yards or doing controlled breathing slow fire at any distance.

The upside is that it is a 10+1 capacity in a tiny little frame that absolutely disappears in a summer t shirt and shorts outfit.

But it's the kind of thing you have to take the plunge on and buy one so you can put 500 rounds through it to get good with it. But.... it's a defensive carry gun. You should be doing that anyway for any carry gun.

Worst case you can sell it at a small loss later or buy a regular 365 slide and do a 30 second swap out to put standard irons on it. New slides run about $250 from Sig.You don't need to replace the slide release or take down screw.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I agree, the SAS sight is not intuitive, it must be learned. Most people will not take the time to learn to use it, just like anything else that requires work/effort/time.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    . With rapid fire after running (to get my heart rate up to mimick a pressure situation) I am making 4 to 8 inch groupings. But that is good enough for the gun's purpose.

Not picking , but isn't that similar to no sights at all at 7yds ?

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Not picking , but isn't that similar to no sights at all at 7yds ?
    Not for me. I suck WAY more than that with no sights!

But really...4 to 8 inches groups is consistent with no sights when standing calm on a warm sunny day with no rush and taking your time. It's about what I do with my mother's 2 inch barrel .38 revolver that has no sights whatsoever. Try not using sights at all when you get your heart rate up and purposely rush your shots.

I find that green dot in the circle sight helps me get on paper quickly and stay there. It doesn't help me hit the X dead center. It helps me make sure I'm on paper and not having a flyer go past the bad guy and into a window down the street.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    I agree, the SAS sight is not intuitive, it must be learned. Most people will not take the time to learn to use it, just like anything else that requires work/effort/time.
    I have a Vortex non magnified optic on an AR that has a similar reticle. Dot in a circle....

That made the transition to the SAS sight much easier. It wasn't COMPLETLEY new. Except the dot moves around inside the circle on the 365. On the Vortex sight it is static. Still it looked familiar to my eye.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Someone really named their product after a lofty goal and catastrophic failure?

Probably the same people that named this childcare center...

frank_e_h

Aug 27, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Just picked up an SAS for the first time today at a shop in Frederick. was quite unique for sure. I think I could get used to the sight faster than the slide release tbh

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    FYI, the SAS takedown "device" is just a coin slot, nothing special, just doesn't stick out like the standard lever. Both the takedown device and the slide stop can be replaced with conventional/full size controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom