• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I've been carrying a p365 x-Macro for about a year IWB (sometimes OWB with cold weather garments) strong side 3 o'clock. Great gun. When the AXG came out recently, the idea of a compact alloy frame like my CZ P-01 former carry caught my interest. The P-01 though, is wider and not as comfortable IWB for me at any position although I tolerated 3 o'clock for a long time.

Dan at Maryland Elite Firearms picked one up for me in a few weeks after asking. I've had a Red Hill Tactical IWB holster in motion since the gun was ordered and hope it arrives soon. Unfortunately none of my xmacro holsters fit (too snug) even with retention dialed way back.

Picked it up yesterday, gave it a good clean (dirtiest new gun ever) and lube, and ready to give it a run at the range next weekend at Guntry. It really has a good heft with a full magazine. Looking forward to running a hundred or so rounds through it.

Attachments

• PXL_20240225_155244401.jpg
      PXL_20240225_155244401.jpg
      504.1 KB · Views: 73
    Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm on the fence about this. I have my 365 all dolled up, my range gun and HD gun is a P320 legion X carry. 200 more, I can get a Wilson accu tuned p320. I always have these great plans and end up doing nothing. lol

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I feel like I'd benefit more from a better trigger option than a heavier gun, at least in my limited experience competing with the P365. It's snappy, but if you get a decent grip, the return is pretty good even with the current weight.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    I feel like I'd benefit more from a better trigger option than a heavier gun, at least in my limited experience competing with the P365. It's snappy, but if you get a decent grip, the return is pretty good even with the current weight.
    We'll see. I actually picked up a SECOND x-macro right before the AXG. It's the TACOPS and I put an MCarbo trigger and spring kit in it hoping to give it a try in competition in April if I remember to register. I've run the TACOPS several times to break in the trigger setup and it is definitely crisper side by side with the stock carry gun. I'm just curious (and poorer too at this point) if the heavier AGX alloy frame gives me an edge the way I feel the CZ all metal gun did.

Once the Thursday night practices start again at the AGC I'll lug them all down and try some drills using each.

Last edited:

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Hi All

This thread comes at a great time for me. Ever since Mr. Ed posted his glowing review about the Wilson Combat WCP365, I have been trying to find a review that compares the WCP365 to the Legion P365-AXG. But Google has let me down and I have not found any such reviews. I wonder if Mr. Ed or boss281 tried to compare the two firearms before deciding to purchase the one that they got. Maybe Dan at Maryland Elite Firearms can weigh in on this point. I am keen to know the answer because I have P226 and P229 Legions and they are really good firearms. My P226 Legion is way better to shoot than my standard P226.

Cal68

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Hi All

This thread comes at a great time for me. Ever since Mr. Ed posted his glowing review about the Wilson Combat WCP365, I have been trying to find a review that compares the WCP365 to the Legion P365-AXG. But Google has let me down and I have not found any such reviews. I wonder if Mr. Ed or boss281 tried to compare the two firearms before deciding to purchase the one that they got. Maybe Dan at Maryland Elite Firearms can weigh in on this point. I am keen to know the answer because I have P226 and P229 Legions and they are really good firearms. My P226 Legion is way better to shoot than my standard P226.

Cal68
    No, I've never seen any of the Wilson models to rent, nor the AGX. I'm taking the xmacro non-comped (stock), the TACOPS (trigger/spring upgrade) and the AGX to the range this coming Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes in my hands. One of my buddies is a big FN fan but he's coming too as he's thinking about a switch. I'll post what I think of the comparisons (Federal 115g, Federal 124g, Hornady Critical Defense 115g).

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Hi All

Cal68
    I chose the Wilson version of the P365 as I was already familiar with the SIG P365 (I got one of the first 365s as soon as they hit the roster). Had a gunsmith install a trigger and some springs, but it still left a bit to be desired (smoothness, accuracy and comfort).

I have had a Wilson EDC X9 for more than a year, and am very impressed with the quality, fit and finish, and accuracy. It's a bit heavier and bulkier than I want for a carry gun, so I figured I'd see what the marriage of SIG and Wilson was like. So glad I did.

The Wilson P365 is much more accurate (for me) than the regular SIG, and much easier to shoot. It's the best compromise for me for a carry gun.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Hi All

Cal68
    Well, Penn, since you asked.

Here is my professional advice.
    When in doubt, buy both.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

When in doubt, buy both.

Ha, ha ha!

What you say makes sense in a way Dan, but I think that I would rather get one P365 and hold the $$ until the new Staccato model becomes available!

Do you have any of the P365 Legions in the store? I may stop by this Saturday morning if you have one for me to look at.

Thanks and best regards.

Penn

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    :) :):)
    I chose the Wilson version of the P365 as I was already familiar with the SIG P365 (I got one of the first 365s as soon as they hit the roster). Had a gunsmith install a trigger and some springs, but it still left a bit to be desired (smoothness, accuracy and comfort).

I have had a Wilson EDC X9 for more than a year, and am very impressed with the quality, fit and finish, and accuracy. It's a bit heavier and bulkier than I want for a carry gun, so I figured I'd see what the marriage of SIG and Wilson was like. So glad I did.

The Wilson P365 is much more accurate (for me) than the regular SIG, and much easier to shoot. It's the best compromise for me for a carry gun.
    Thank you Mr. Ed. What you say makes perfect sense. Wilson Combat makes excellent firearms.

Cal68

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    No, I've never seen any of the Wilson models to rent, nor the AGX. I'm taking the xmacro non-comped (stock), the TACOPS (trigger/spring upgrade) and the AGX to the range this coming Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes in my hands. One of my buddies is a big FN fan but he's coming too as he's thinking about a switch. I'll post what I think of the comparisons (Federal 115g, Federal 124g, Hornady Critical Defense 115g).
    Thanks for your response boss281. I will definitely be very interested in hearing your range report comparing the two handguns. Thanks in advance.

Cal68

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie

When in doubt, buy both.

I have a friend who does that all the time. If he doesn't do that, he has a really bad case of analysis paralysis - he just can't seem to come to a conclusion of what he wants after reading all the data from wherever he can find it.

Ultimately I think we spend a lot of time picking the gnat turds out of pepper, agonizing over the minutia of the fine details that matter less than getting the gun to the range to shoot it and really become familiar with it, whatever it happens to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom