• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I have not seen one in the wild.

However, I'd like to have a chance to handle one.

The MPX PCC seems to be the only factory PCC I've found, apart from the American Defense Manufacturing UIC-9, that comes with fully ambidextrous controls.

Also, saw that the MPX PCC comes with a stock that both telescopes and folds. However, am I correct in thinking that, because the MPX PCC also comes with a compensator, it wouldn't be considered to be a Copycat? (Detachable magazine, but with only one "evil feature" [folding stock])

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    OP - keep looking. It took me 11 months of looking before I found mine. Sig must make in batches and sporadically release.

Can’t say enough good things about the Mpx pcc gen3.

As for mag cost, they’re more expensive but once you go into that market, all the niche mags are. Not too long ago, I found a sale on and purchased 5 30 rounders for $37 each. After some of the 2011 and rem700 mag costs, Ill pay that without thinking twice.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

Attachments

• IMG_3937.png
      IMG_3937.png
      145.7 KB · Views: 57
    Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I’ve had the oppty to shoot the Mpx and the Jp and I’m getting a Jp-5 …

Circling back in interests of Full Disclosure:

I just ordered the MPX Competition ($2,000 SKU: SG-RMPX-16B-9-35 - w Timney trigger installed) from RifleGear.com NO TAX!!!!:party29:

And twenty (20) 35-rd mags from BattleHawk Armory ($39 @ but, taxed :mad54:

I was (am) willing to pony up the $3,900 for the JP-5; however; at present, the 14-16 week (!) delivery time is just too much for me to swallow - I am going to keep my eyes open for an opportunity at a shortened turnaround (pretty sure I see a way around it down the line) but at least this (MPX) way, I’ll be up and running in time for a match next week.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have two MPXs. The third-gen PCC one is pretty great, but you gotta 1) keep it lubed and 2) clean the gas piston out once in a while. The second-gen MPX is a slightly more finicky, but still a solid performer and slightly lighter. I bought them because my kid is a lefty, and I wanted something that wasn't gonna punish him as much ergonomically as the usual blowback jobs. The $40 THRiL magazines are fantastic, and I highly recommend them.

I think the JP5 is superior, but it's also like twice the price.

Aug 31, 2022
    Howard County
    I have two MPXs. The third-gen PCC one is pretty great, but you gotta 1) keep it lubed and 2) clean the gas piston out once in a while. The second-gen MPX is a slightly more finicky, but still a solid performer and slightly lighter. I bought them because my kid is a lefty, and I wanted something that wasn't gonna punish him as much ergonomically as the usual blowback jobs. The $40 THRiL magazines are fantastic, and I highly recommend them.

I think the JP5 is superior, but it's also like twice the price.
    I got my Gen 2 for a steal but hate the chunky handguard. MPX's are definitely a great choice for beginners though. Everyone who shoots one falls in love

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom