• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hecto

Aug 6, 2010
    I've been looking for an H&K P30, Sig P226, or Sig P229 in 9mm. I've called around a few local shops (including IPs), but none have any in stock when I call, or any indication of when they might get one. Has anyone come across any of these lately?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I've been looking for an H&K P30, Sig P226, or Sig P229 in 9mm. I've called around a few local shops (including IPs), but none have any in stock when I call, or any indication of when they might get one. Has anyone come across any of these lately?

check msar behind andrews afb.. saw few sigs.. just cant remember the caliber and model.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Was at MSAR on Friday too. They had a 229 (don't know what caliber) for $850.

In all, they had about 7-10 sigs...no 226 though...

hecto

Aug 6, 2010
    MSAR indicated that their remaining P229 is in .40 S&W. Thanks for the heads up, though.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I just got my HK P30 for $935 shipped/no tax from Buds. The only reason I used them was because none of my LGS' had any in stock. I prefer to use an IP or LGS, but in this case, I had to order online.

KCain

Dec 16, 2012
    Arbutus, Maryland
    I was in Bart's and A&D in Glen Burnie the other day. Bart's had a ton of Sigs available and A&D had a compact and full size HK. All between $900-$1200 depending on the model.

sigdad

Jan 5, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    I just got a P226 Tacops in .40 from Buds and had it transferred to Bart's. Probably got another 3 weeks before I get to pick it up but I'm excited...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Was going to say try Bud's too. I've been looking for a 226 9mm locally for awhile with no luck so I broke down and picked one up from Bud's today.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Hecto if you're LEO, military or retired military, you can try Lawman's supply. They are a distributor for Sig and you can get one at a nice discount.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I purchased a USP9SD from 2A Sales about a month ago. No idea on stock. I purchased a USP9C (V1) from Continental Arms about a week ago. They had a few other 9mms in stock including a SD and fullsize. I believe they may have had a P30 but not sure of the caliber or variant. Buds has been getting the P30s with consistency as has Impact Guns.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_47/Heckler+&+Koch/

Bud's has periodically gotten P2ks, USPf, USPc, and USPSD in stock as well as 9mm P30s in V1, V2, and V3. The best way go get from them is to subscribe to the ones you want and act when it comes in stock. I personally opted for the USP9C over the P30 due to the trigger, parts similarities with my USPf, and more familiarity with changing the variant and sights. IIRC HK is developing trigger kits for the P30 and while the P30 can be converted to a LEM and other variants such as the Match Trigger, H&K does not currently advise it nor do they warranty it. (this may have since changed from what I last inquired about this). It's also worth noting that sight selection for the P2k isn't that of the P30 or USP. Specifically, the Henie Straight Eight sights are not made for the USP, and they are one of about four brands HK guys really like (myself included).

hecto

Aug 6, 2010
    Bart's has a 226 and 229, but they are special edition versions that have features that come at a non-trivial cost and that I don't need.

I ended up ordering a basic 226 from Bud's, and am transferring it through an IP.

Thanks for the tips.

hecto

Aug 6, 2010
    I purchased a USP9SD from 2A Sales about a month ago. No idea on stock. I purchased a USP9C (V1) from Continental Arms about a week ago. They had a few other 9mms in stock including a SD and fullsize. I believe they may have had a P30 but not sure of the caliber or variant. Buds has been getting the P30s with consistency as has Impact Guns.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_47/Heckler+&+Koch/

Bud's has periodically gotten P2ks, USPf, USPc, and USPSD in stock as well as 9mm P30s in V1, V2, and V3. The best way go get from them is to subscribe to the ones you want and act when it comes in stock. I personally opted for the USP9C over the P30 due to the trigger, parts similarities with my USPf, and more familiarity with changing the variant and sights. IIRC HK is developing trigger kits for the P30 and while the P30 can be converted to a LEM and other variants such as the Match Trigger, H&K does not currently advise it nor do they warranty it. (this may have since changed from what I last inquired about this). It's also worth noting that sight selection for the P2k isn't that of the P30 or USP. Specifically, the Henie Straight Eight sights are not made for the USP, and they are one of about four brands HK guys really like (myself included).

I'm keeping an eye out for the P30 on Bud's. I owned a full-size USP in .45 ACP several years ago but didn't keep it because I didn't shoot it particularly well - the H&K DA/SA trigger never clicked with me like the Sig's does. This time around I'm looking for the LEM.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I was at Free State this morning, and they have a 9mm P226 (non-railed) with a threaded barrel, and one or two others as well. They have a P30 there, but I didn't notice caliber, though I believe it's 9mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom